My oh has just come back from mil's

mumandco

Reaction score
With some clothes for the boys, £25 each for them,£50 each for me and oh to spend as we please AND £1000 to pay off some bills.

I'm sooo grateful to her she is such a lovely woman not just because she has given us money but because she's always there for us.

Great mil my fil I don't really like but I do get on with him for the sake of the kids. He doesn't know that we've had that much money as him and mil have separate money

Aww that's lovely! Nice to hear a positive in law story:)

Aw that's great hun :)

It's nice to hear of helpful in laws as most threads seem to be about nightmare ones!

xx

I could tell you a few nightmare ones too lol

The money was originally supposed to be for our wedding which was meant to happen next year but we have had a lot of car and money problems this year so far and although they are finally sorted we wouldn't be able to afford the wedding next year. So oh and I decided to put the wedding back to 2014 start paying debts off which we already have paid a large amount and in the mean time we'd try for another baby. So we told mil Our plan and she still wanted us to have the money but to out it towards the rest of our debts

That's great that she's so understanding :)

My family just think that if we're in debt then it's our own fault.... it's ok for them who have never struggled!

:thumbup:

Something similar happened to us, my OH got us into a load of debt without telling me and when it all came out we were already in too deep to be able to afford to pay anything back, pay the rent etc etc so OH's Nan bailed us out and said just to pay her back when we can.

We finished paying yesterday, only took us a few months, but every spare bit of cash we had just went to her. It's lovely to have good in-laws! Xxx

That's great that she's so understanding :)

My family just think that if we're in debt then it's our own fault.... it's ok for them who have never struggled!

Oh that's terrible tallybee, these things happen especially with they way things are at the moment.

:thumbup:

Something similar happened to us, my OH got us into a load of debt without telling me and when it all came out we were already in too deep to be able to afford to pay anything back, pay the rent etc etc so OH's Nan bailed us out and said just to pay her back when we can.

We finished paying yesterday, only took us a few months, but every spare bit of cash we had just went to her. It's lovely to have good in-laws! Xxx

There's lovely of your oh's nan,and I bet you breathed a sigh of relief yesterday when you finished paying her back.

I have lovely inlaws too....
They live in Singapore so I think a lot of it is guilt, not complaint tho!
They paid our gas and electric bills last qtr (£700), paid for blinds in the whole house (£600), bought a swing for T, £150. Bought an ipad so we could facetime with them even though we have iphones! Not to mention the stuff she buys me in Tesco, which I always try and give her money for.. Plus she will take the kids for a walk every morning and will come and play every afternoon. She always offers to take the ironing and washing for us too.
I think it's soo good seeing positive inlaw stories, I honestly have no complaints about mine :)

Aww Michelle it sounds like your inlaws are fab too :)

Mil phoned earlier on asking what size shoes the boys wear,she's bought them new trainers :) they didn't need them as we hadn't long bought them some but I'm sure theyl have their wear

You deserve it - Your lovely.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"