My OH is panicking

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
OK so I had been majorly broody for I don't even know how long and he agreed to 1 month of trying before going back to waiting until next year. I made sure he was fully aware that I could get pregnant in that one month and he had to be prepared for that he assured me he was and I got pregnant, now he is panicking saying it wasn't supposed to happen this way. I know he wants the baby and all he's just scared. Is there anyway I can help him and did anybody else's partner react like this?

He said he just needs a few days to get his head around it but I feel like I'm in this alone at the moment. I don't know what to do and I don't want to be unhappy i've wanted this baby for so long and now I feel like I've not even had a chance to be happy that I'm finally having it :(

Any advice would be helpful x

Let him have his time to get his head round the situation..we all have our OMG what have i done! monents its natural..i had them several times in all pregnancies even though all three were much wanted! Its the realisation that your lives will never be the same again, just going for a quick drink at night will never be as easy etc plus hes a man it takes them longer to digest this sort of thing! :shrug:

Ill be honest and say my partner and I both felt like that. We are 38 and 40 so figured it would take ages. We had sex once and got pregnant and it was a major shock. I was happy but my initial reaction was the same as you OH (i.e it wasnt meant to happen this quick.) I went into a state of panic about how it would affect my social life! After a few days it finally sunk in and the shock of it went away a bit and we both started feeling very happy about it. Just give him time and Ill guarantee you he will be cool with it. When you are least expecting it is scary!!!

Give him time. My OH is that way nearly everytime. ;) He loves our kids so much though and probably spoils them more than he should now. :)

It took us almost 6 years of trying to have our third, and then we got pregnant again within 6 months of NTNP.....My hubby is over the moon but I have those moments when I think, my god, what have I done, its too soon, but I get over it & remember nothing worth having comes when you plan it!! And hopefully soon your OH will too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->