My OPK didn't match my mucus?!

MrsHopeful2

Reaction score
I had EWCM days 12-15 of my cycle, but my OPKs were never positive. The test line was just barely lighter than the control line. I am now on day 17 of my cycle and my mucus has changed back to white and not stretchy at all, and my OPK was positive! What the heck!? Has that happened to anyone else? :wacko:

What CD do you usually ovulate on?

I've had a similar issue where i usually ovulate on cd 12 or cd 14 and i'm still awaiting a smiley face on my clearblue digital ovulation test and it's now cd 18.

However i also noticed that my CM became fertile around the same time as normal (cd12-14) but seems to be changing back now.

Makes me think there's a problem with the test as your body knows best as they say!

I don't really have a usual day :-/ my body sort of does what it wants. My cycles can very anywhere between 26-35 days. My last 2 cycles where 28 days, so I was hoping I had regulated. 13-15 would have been correct for my EWCM in that case. But if my cycle is going to last 32 days, the 17th makes sense as well. I glad I'm not the only one this has happened to! I think your right, maybe my body knows better than some pee stick!

I would highly suggest you start temping so that you can find out when you've Ovulated & not worry about your OPK test results. You can have patches of EWCM but more likely you Ovulated already. Thing is about OPK tests is there is room for errors. If your urine is too diluted, it wont be accurate. And you CAN miss your surge. Last cycle, I tested by chance & got a positive...this was the third test that day & I certainly would have missed it otherwise.
I also check my cervix position & feel in order to coincide with the Cervical Mucus & test so I know when I'm most fertile even if my OPK does not turn positive.

I am going to buy a thermo today so that i can start doing that. I know with the OPK's- just because its positive doesn't mean that you actually released an egg. Since i haven anovulation, i want to know if it actually happened or not (so i know if i should get my hopes up or not!) So does charting your BBT truly confirm that an egg was released or does it just confirm that you previously had an LH surge?
I can't figure out what/where my cervix is when i try that :/ I dont know what im feeling, it all feels the same. How did you learn to know what you're feeling when you check for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->