my overdue blue bump arrived :-)

tessica123

Reaction score
we I was 5 days late and went to doctor for a sweep doc said it probably wouldnt work as i was only 2cm which is usual with it not being 1st baby

i lost loads of plug and had some pain but nothing much later that day i felt better than I had all pregnancy lol

next day I was getting pains but nothing really bad so carried on as normal, went to my mums went for walk then came home after tea I started to get really strong pains that were coming about 7 minuted apart so I rang labor ward as my 1st baby established labor was only 38 minutes they told me to take bath and paracetamol and ring back afterwards I did this and pain hadnt changed or got worse so they told me to go for monitoring

so off we went they monitored me told me i was still only 2cm and to go home and come back when they 3 minutes apart or waters go

went home tried to get some sleep but I didnt get much the pain was so intense I was crying but they were not getting closer together if anything they were now about 10 minutes apart, at 6am I said to oh right ignore them I am going back in I cant take this pain went to get out of bed and my waters broke manages to get to bathroom sat on loo and had huge clear out but at same time I felt need to push I was telling oh to call an ambulance as baby was coming now my contractions went to about every 2 minutes from waters going he said no calm down and rang my mum she came got us and took us in

when we got there i was examined and was 8cm mw said she couldnt believe how calm i was and that id stayed at home so long MAKE YOUR MIND UP lol

I was so tired had been awake over 24 hours and all I wanted to do was sleep, mw was great left us to it till I was 10cm then told me I could start pushing which I been wanting to do for what seemed like ages

I did the 1st push and managed to get baby's had most of way out on that push then my contractions slowed and baby kept slipping back as they were now about 8 minutes apart again :-( mw let me keep trying and said she would give it bit long then id have to go on drip on the next contraction she asked for my hand and put it on my bits I was like urghh what did you do that for and it was baby's head I was so over whelmed I cried she let me touch it after every push I was amazing

my lo was born at 10.25am he was put straight on me then after 5 minutes a sister came to take him to be weighed while I was cleaned and stitched up, as the sister was walking to weigh him she shouted mw who pressed buzzer and they both ran behind curtain with my baby and loads of people came running in no one would tell us what was happening for what seemed like ages and ages, the mw came to us and said that he had got some mucus stuck and had stopped breathing but was ok now they were just giving him bit of oxygen then I could have him back

I was so scared I could hear all these people saying they had tried everything I really thought the worst, when he was brought back I didnt want anyone to come near him

all the way through Id been told I was having a small baby my 1st was only 5lb 5oz but little Matthew came into the world 4/6/2011 10.25am 7lb 4oz

I had to have stitches and am very sore, and so happy that I am managing to bf as couldnt do it with 1st

Attachments

• Matthew Birth.jpg
    Matthew Birth.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 16
Aw, congratulations! He is beautiful, hope you feel better soon! :) xxx

Oh, congrats to you!! He is just beautiful! Hope you are feeling better soon:)

What a cutie :)

Sorry that they scared you, I can't imagine how scary that was. Glad he is doing well. I've heard BFing is easier the second try. :thumbup:

Thank you for sharing your story. I am so happy everything turned out well. Congratulations on the birth of you LO!!!!

Congratulations. Beautiful photo :)

Congrats! He is beautiful! A bit of a scary start, but glad everything is ok and hope you feel better soon. :)

Agh congratulations what a lovely baby boy!!

He is beautiful, congratulations. The end sounds everso scary for you but I'm glad to hear he is OK x

Congratulations! He is gorgeous. Hope you make a quick recovery.

Wow, I'm glad everything worked out well, hon! Congratulations on your new arrival! I LOVE the picture that you uploaded-- it's so gorgeous! Congrats! Enjoy your LO! :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->