• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My "pain free" Miscarriage Story

tbmama76

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Tracy. I had the main part of my miscarriage Friday morning (now Sunday a.m.) and wanted to share my story. All I read about other people's experiences were these horrible stories of painful cramping and it was frightening. While my experience may be less common, I wanted to put it out there to let other women know that a miscarriage isn't always extremely painful.

I have a 17 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. I have had two early miscarriages and one 22 week loss back in 2010. The losses were all horrible, but the 22 week loss (Landon) was obviously the worst. I had to deliver him just like a full term baby and it was like a nightmare. As bad as it sounds, this is why I feel fortunate when I lose them early. It is always terrible and sad though.

I found out we were pregnant on 6/9 via a home test. I was shocked, as even though I sensed it, it is always a bit of a happy jolt to see that test say positive! We had planned on shutting down the baby factory, but were happy about it. I will be 39 in a few months and feeling it! Always happy about the possibility of having a beautiful little baby. We were cautiously excited. I have a history of very low Progesterone since I started trying again in 2010.

The brown spotting started a couple of weeks ago. I went in for an ultrasound a week and 2 days ago. We were estatic to find a normal heartbeat and baby was measuring 6w/1d. Because of history and the blood, I was expecting the worst. This gave us a renewed sense of hope and we were overjoyed!

I was scheduled for another ultrasound a week later. Two days before that I began seeing red blood. Everything came on extremely slow. Just present on the toilet paper as many of us can relate to.

We were not surprised at all to find the heartbeat was not there at the ultrasound just last Thursday. I told them I really wanted to get everything done this weekend so I could return to normal life next week. They offered a D&C and I declined. My doc gave me a script for Cytotec, but I decided not to fill until I did some further research.

After that appointment, I noticed contractions off and on. Just the kind where you feel the uterus tighten, but no pain or cramping. You would have to be relaxing to feel them, I think.

By bedtime (which was around 4 am) I noticed a lot of these contractions coming on while I relaxed in bed. Fell asleep.

(Here comes the graphic stuff).

My husband woke me up at 9:30 am when he got back home from work. Strange, because I usually hear him come in. I immediately felt "stuff" sitting in my vagina and knew I needed to make my way to the bathroom. I had him get me a chuck and put it tightly between my legs and ran to the bathroom. It was pretty shocking to evacuate all that at once. I cringed and held to him. Is sounded unreal. However, when it was over, it was over. The rest of the day, I bled very little. There was absolutely no physical pain experienced to this point. I was kind of amazed at this and very happy I didn't take those pills!

That brings us to right now. The bleeding picked up today (Sat) with a lot of pretty sizable clots. I sat on the side of the tub to shave my legs and was very surprised at the amount that I was expelling. My uterus has also been very sore when I do too much. Like it had a workout. If I rest, I feel fine. Really overdid it yesterday, I was so excited it was over! I hope the bleeding/clots slow down tomorrow. Looks heavy to me, but think it is normal from what I've read.

In a way this is my first true experience with a 1st trimester loss. The first one I had really was just like a heavy period. I don't think that pregnancy was very developed. Never had any signs of pregnancy, etc. The HcG was also very low for what that's worth.

I wish everyone the best of luck and although I never want anyone to have to go through this, it is comforting (has been to me) to know you aren't alone. :hugs:

Feel free to ask me anything at all.

Mine was much like this as well but I bled for 2 weeks. Though despite the length of bleeding I only had minor twinges (sort like you might feel a day or so before AF) on the two heaviest days where I was passing clot after clot (TMI Warning) one of which fell right into my hand as I was wiping that was the size of my fist. So as for physical pain, there really wasn't much at all aside from a little soreness, emotional pain on the other hand is a whole other beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->