My 'Plan' for this month....

Deeper Blue

Reaction score
Hey everyone :flower:

This is our first month TTC again after having our little girl a couple of years ago, and since AF came today I'm excited about starting this journey again :happydance:

It took 6 months of hard core TTC last time with a lot of stress, tears of frustration, the CBFM, POAS addiction and sooooo much money spent on pregnancy tests.

This time I'm going to try and be a bit more chilled about it (but we'll see how long that lasts :blush:) and my grand plan for this month is going to be:

- BD every 2-3 days throughout my cycle, regardless of supposedly 'fertile days' (conceived Isla at a time of the month CBFM said I wasn't even ovulating!)

- I WILL NOT test until AF is at least a week late. I can't afford the wasted tests, and the number of times I tested last time and AF would turn up the next day was crazy :dohh:

....and thats it.... no temping, ov testing, cervix poking until at LEAST month number 2 :rofl:

Anyone else just started there next cylce and want to share their plans?

X

Hey there Deeper Blue,

Congrats on deciding it's time to TTC again. Your LO is adorable! I so hope to have a little girl first. Of course, I'll be happy with either gender so long as they're healthy but we both really, really want a baby girl!

My OH and I don't have a plan - we're just going to let things happen at least until after our wedding. I showed him the Sperm Meets Egg Plan https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...rm-meets-egg-plan-chart-stats-new-2011-a.html and told him he'd love it because of how much BDing there is but he said it was too structured and so we'll just be taking it easy. We've only BDed twice since having my Mirena removed two weeks ago and I'm now on CD11. We're hoping to fall pregnant in July but I wanted to have my IUD removed before then so I'd have a few months to let my cycles settle since I've been on some form of BC for 11 years now.

Anyway, good luck in your journey and :dust:

How exciting. Isla is beautiful. Fx'd for you.

This is our first month of NTNP after me coming off BCP- so not expecting anything but still symptom spotting like a mad woman - AF due 21st March. Last time I stopped BCP my cycles returned to normal straight away, so I'm hoping for the same this time.

I am reluctant to go down the obsessive TTC route unless nothing happens naturally for the first few months. Although can easily see how it becomes an obsession (I was obsessed when planning our wedding, so trying to stay more chilled about this...).

I am permantly distracted by thoughts of baby names, nursery furniture, maternity clothes and have even picked out the pram I would like- all a bit sad really. Keep having to secretly sneak onto the computer to look at things, as DH would think I was mad that I'm looking at things before we're even pregnant....

;)

My plan really was to just come off the pill and see what happens. No charting, no thinking about BD at the 'right' times, just take it easy and it will happen in its own time. So I came off the pill last month and I'm already symptom spotting like a crazy woman LOL. I have loads of symptoms but did a test this morning and BFN so I think all the symptoms are just from coming off the pill. I should have remembered that the exact same thing happened last time I came off birth control. I'm really hoping from now on that I can just be a bit more relaxed about it all, rather than obsessing all the time about whether I might be pregnant. The stupid thing is that it wouldn't even really suit for me to be pregnant now as I have an important work commitment in December/January that I would prefer not to miss. But still gutted to see BFN of course. I was even thinking earlier that maybe it would be easier to start temperature charting again as at least I would have more of an idea what my cycle was doing. But that way obsession lies! So you have inspired me to try again to go back to the more relaxed approach.

ETA - I also conceived Thomas despite no BD anywhere near the day that FF had me ovulating (like five or six days before O), I was sure I was out for that month!

Hi Gardenofedens, Fingers crossed for your little pink bundle soon! It's weird... I NEVER pictured myself with a girl as we only ever have boys in our family (except me), I've got 2 brothers and 6 nephews.... but now I've got no idea what I'd do with a little boy :rofl:

Thank you broodybelle! I've decided there's no point me symptom spotting this time as I never got anything last time until I was about 8 weeks and I don't get any pre-AF stuff either. The only 'symptom' I get is a missed period, and even then they can be so irregular it'll actually be just around the corner and come late just to get my hopes up! Grrrr....

Polaris, I'm glad it's not just my body that seems determined to out fox any method of fertility tracking :rofl:

It's nice to know there are people in the same boat... the main TTC forum fed my obsession last time but I look at it now and it all seems a bit :shock:... hardcore.

I'm a big believer in relaxing being important in actually getting preggers (the stress hormones you produce actually work against your ovulation ones) so lets all chillax ourselves pregnant :flower:

(yes, you can laugh at me in 4 weeks when I'm asking you for advice on my temperature chart :haha:)

XXX

Hey Ladies. My hubby and I have decided to not "plan" anything. I just came off the pill in early Feb. At first, we were trying to plan b/c I am in school getting my Masters. I had this extravagant plan, until I actually sat down and talked to him about it. I found out that when I say well we should try to conceive on this, this and that day, it made him extremely uncomfortable. He felt like if it wouldn't happen, that it would be his fault. I didn't want to put any added pressure on him or take away the enjoy of "baby-making", so we are just going just going to go with the flow. No certain days or times (although I will secretly be watching the days that I ovulate and put on something extra sexy those nights. :winkwink:

I think men like to feel we want to :sex: because they are gorgeous sex gods... not because it's the only way we can get fertilised :haha:

Agree!! Why is it so hard for them to understand why they are here?? We understand! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->