• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

My Quitting Smoking diary

Jo

I'm an old bag!
Reaction score
Ok so today is gonna be the day i stop
As I am typing I have 5 cigarettes left and that is it, I am determind not to buy any more

I have been smoking for around 13 yrs on and off, more on than off :?
and I have worked out that in that time I have spent around, wait for it, i was so shocked

£17000 :oops: :shock: That is based on 20 a day at £4.00 a packet
That is 1/2 of what we paid for our house!!!!!!!
FFS that is a disgusting amount of money i think

I realise that i am going to have to make a lot of changes to my day to day routine to help me.
I am a coffee addict so I think to help me i will have to cut down on that as well as i tend to associate the too, also i smoke quite a bit when i am at the PC, i tend to have a coffee in one hand and a cig in the other :roll:

On the plus side apart from my health and my bank balance my house should be spotless as i find things to do to keep me distracted, this will be the perfect time to crack on with decorating the kids bedrooms, either that or go to the shopping centre all the time as it is a no smoking building :D

Anyway i have given myself the Quit time of Midday to day so i shall let yu all know how i get on

04/03/07 22 1/2 hours in
Ok i know its not even a full day yet but i am feeling pretty pleased that i haven't given in.
was fine whilst OH was at work, went shopping for school shoes for Emily so kept busy like that

When OH came in was still busy etc... so didn't bother me( I hadn't told him i was stopping)

He thought something was strange as i drank Tea lol but i don't link Tea witha cig so......

Had a bit of a craving so popped one of the microtabs and sorted some stuff in Emilys bedroom, and the craving went so was chuffed with that

The only time i felt like i really wanted one was after i had eaten my tea, so made myself another cuppa :D

This was when OH knew something wasn't right so as i didn't have any he had to go to shop for himself some LOL, bless him when he realised what i was doing he has gone out of the room to smoke ( remember this is at night, we never smoke around the kids)
It's good to have his support but don't wanna make a big thing of it with everyone around me, does that make sense?

aww how sweet of ur oh!!! i no wot u mean about not wantin 2 make a big deal of it, as it makes u think on it more(if tht makes sense lol) but well done hun!! keep going :D:D were all rooting for you!!£5 saved so far ;)

Get this - Its pretty smart & it will show you how much you have saved so far hehe

https://www.dedicateddesigns.com

Ah thanks wobbs i got that from the last thread you did
are you still trying to syop or have you given in??

I have been quit for 1 Day, 49 minutes and 11 seconds (1 days). I have saved £4.65 by not smoking 20 cigarettes. I have saved 1 hour and 40 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 03/03/2007 12:00

I cut down decided that was best for me for now being a heavy smoker - 40 a day! :shock: I'm finding that hard alone!

Saving £35 a week so far & when we move theres no smoking in house. I don't here but we have a conservatory so I go in there an sometimes sneak one on the couch with a brew. None of that when we move its outside the patio doors no question about it hopefully that will help & then I plan to head to the next step! :D

good luck hunny
I am so gasping for one right now, I think it is because i've been doing my food shop and i normally sist here with a coffee and go through abot 10 fags lol
I'm not going for any though as too much trouble to get kids sorted and it's raining

Good on you!

My downfall is when I get back into the house from shopping, after food & the mornings!

Mornings are not usually too bad for me as am so busy getting kid-s sorted, but what will be hard is when i go get dressed i usually take a coffee and cig with me and have my own 10 mins whilst they haveing brekkie

so we will see eh?
The craving i had earlier has now gone, think you kept my mind off it with tormenting LOL

05/03/07 48hrs in
Well ok i slipped last night I had 1/2 of one and i am pleased to tell you it tasted like crap and made me feel sick!!! Which is a good thing i suppose:D
OH gave in to me as i threatened to take his eyes out if he didn't give me 1:oops:
i am finding it loads easier this time around, keeping myself occupied etc...
was a bit dodgy this morning as usually when i have taken Emily to school i go to shop and get my bits, come home put Jack to bed then have a coffeee and cig whilst catching up on here or something.
Sad i know but that is my routine lol
Anyway didn't buy any, bought gum instead and sat down with a cup of Tea
I have been quit for 2 Days, 27 minutes and 14 seconds (2 days).
I have saved £9.08 by not smoking 40 cigarettes.
I have saved 3 hours and 20 minutes of my life.
My Quit Date: 03/03/2007 12:00
Feeling quite pleased with myself

doin ok hun thanks will update in a bit :)

09/03/07 6Days in
I have been quit for 6 Days, 3 hours, 43 minutes and 16 seconds (6 days).
I have saved £27.69
by not smoking 123 cigarettes.
I have saved 10 hours and 15 minutes of my life.
My Quit Date: 03/03/2007 12:00

Ok so this is my update 6 days in well not be a smug cow but i am still finding it pretty easy at the moment, what i didn't realise before i stopped is how disgusting i must have smelt to a non-smoker (Lauz, Vicky, Helen and Caz I apologise for stinking like an old ashtary when we met!!!!!:blush: )I can smell it on people who walk past me, which i never noticed before.

What i should have done really is weigh myself before i stopped as the amount of food, bad food i have put away in the last few days is amazing as i usually on really eat 1 main meal a day

For example on Tuesday I ate;3 Croissants with a coffee at 10.30A splendip and vanilla slice at 12.00
1/2 packet of fig roll biscuits at 3 ish
then snacked on some smarties
ate a mars bar at 5.30
Huge plate of fish pie at 7 for tea

I went out and bought a melon to cut up into bits and munch on because i know if i piled weight on i would start smoking again shallow i know butI haven't really had cravings for cigs as such, but thats not to say that if i was offered one i would say no LOL
What has happened though and i don't know if its connected is my face as become quite spotty and i never suffer really anymore from spots.

also for 2 days i had a blinding headache and i have been waking up on a night( said in packet of microtabs this could happen i suppose i am detoxing)

I'm meant to be going out 2moro:happydance:
so i'll see how i get on in that enviroment, might not be bad as i know 1 i am going with doesn't smoke and i never smoke if with her anyway, the others i don't know about

Your doing great jo ...

keep up the good work! ...
xxx

Aww thanks hunny
Well i was doing well, until i had a mad hissy fit:hissy: on friday night, tears snot the lot:roll: Dunno why and i caved and nicked one of Ant, didin't do a thing for me TBH

Went out With Ant to cinema last night then we decided to call in to our local for a couple of drinks, this wa a mistake as Ant smokes loads when we are out and out of habit i grabbed one too with out even realising what i was doing LOL realised when Ant gave me the funniest look, anyway had 2 yesterday

Still not bad i suppose and will now get back into the swing of it, quite disapointed in myself but hey what can i do? i am weak willed

I think your doing bloody well - don't kick yourself too hard for those couple of sneakies. Sometimes its best avoiding those things you would usually do until your will power strenghtens a bit more - Then you can ask people to try not to smoke infront of you, pull funny faces & tell them you didn't know how much it stank until now haha Maybe they will try too?

LMAO have already told OH he stinks!!!!:rofl:
I think it was just a blip to be honest and out of habit as i didn't even enjoy it LOL
I think the hardest bit at moment is if i get wound up/upset over something, you know yourselve you just reach for fags don't ya?
If OH isn't in house it is fine as i have non to reach for
But is usually him that winds me up and there they are :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back