My round ligament pain is becoming unbearable

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by TMonster, Oct 8, 2013.

1. TMonster

TMonster Well-Known Member

I am assuming that's what this pain is. Its normally in my right side, occasionally in my left and its so horrible that I can barely move sometimes. I have to leave in 15 min for a NST and was going to try taking the bus since I am sick of spending $100/week in cabs to go back and forth to the hospital but I will probably do a cab again since the thought of just walking a block to get to the stop and the possibility of standing is horrible.

Sometimes I tell my husband I just want them to give me the epidural now! I may discuss induction with my doctor when I see him on Friday because I can't move and I can barely breathe.

I know I sound overdramatic but omg this is brutal. When I am living my life desperately needing to pee and trying to analyze how long I can hold it in for just so I don't have to get up because walking to the bathroom will be so painful I think there is a problem.

2. J.D.

J.D. Well-Known Member

I'd talk to your doctor about it -- I do get painful RLP from time to time, but the pelvic pain I have is a totally different story and it is what is restricting my mobility in a big way. Yesterday I spent 5 hours in hospital for an appointment and a scan and last night I was in agony all night. Today, I pretty much had to stay put in order to calm it all down.

Anyway, the physio was able to give me a girdle thing that gives me a few hours a day of pain free movement, and some people get crutches. Worth looking into with a few weeks left to go.

3. Amsan

Amsan Well-Known Member

I'd definitely talk to your doctor about it! I've had a few days where it's literally had me bent over in tears!

4. Cccbb61013

Cccbb61013 Well-Known Member

I have it all the time too. I didn't have it with my first pregnancy so I don't know what gives. I'm not worrying about it anymore because I'm 39 weeks, but just wanted to say I totally understand!