My second-hand Christmas

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
:xmas3: Hello all! I will be keeping this journal as a reminder of what I have bought, as well as showing what you can get that's a bargain if you like to have a punt on ebay, or rummage in charity shops. I try not to buy anything thats full price, I'm known to be a MASSIVE cheapskate, actually notorious for it in fact :xmas13: Not everything I buy is second-hand though, but I can usually get good deals on things if they have to be new. Lists are below, anything in red is second-hand, I don't bother with working out the RRP, I know a good deal when I see one :winkwink: Green is not second-hand and used to make the list more festive :xmas13:

Lists so far, will update as I buy:

Logan and Eric joint presents
Playmobil Knights Great Dragon Castle £21
Playmobil "take and play" Castle £4

M & S Build a Castle Jigsaw £1 (this is part of a set of jigsaws they already have, only one more to get!)

Logan
Captain Underpants 10-book set £11.25
Poetry book £4
Cat joke-book 50p

Eric
Switch and Go Brok the Brachiosarus £31
Mr Bean bendy figure £4

Pics of the Playmobil Knights Great Dragon Castle bought off ebay. And also the "take and play" castle (mine doesn't have flags, its just the shell with all doors etc intact). Got mine from a charity shop. The boys already have another smaller castle that goes with the Dragon set, but its not made new any more. Logan doesnt think I will get it as its too expensive (must be at least £60 new if not more) :xmas12:

Attachments

• castle2.jpg
    castle2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 5
  • castle1.jpg
    castle1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 6
  • castle.jpg
    castle.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 5
Brok the brachosaurus, off ebay. Seller printed instructions for it, not boxed. Works perfectly, Eric already has 5 Switch and Go Dinos, this one is the biggest so far. £6 of the total £31 for this was postage as its MASSIVE. Hes going to love it, hes not seen it before as its no longer sold in the UK. Very excited to give it to him!! :xmas8:

Attachments

• Brok.jpg
    Brok.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 9
your an inspiration i always spend to much

your an inspiration i always spend to much

I could spend more, but I get a lot for my money usually, and I haven't the space here to fit in too much new stuff. The boys understand the value of money, and that some things are just going to be a no. Logan said Eric would probably like a Leapfrog tablet or something like that he saw on an advert, but we have a perfectly decent tablet which was free with my husband's mobile phone contract.

The presents Ive listed are from me and Daddy, the boys will write a list for Santa nearer Xmas, normally 3-4 things on it and nothing too elaborate (Logan last year asked for a chocolate orange and a tape measure :haha:, as well as a robot dinosaur which I couldnt get cheap anywhere :cry: )

Fab bargains! I've bought 2nd hand things for DD before too. I've got dd2 a Thomas railrollers set for this year that was 2nd hand off Facebook 😀

I bought DD2 secondhand weebles - originally £49.99 for 6 but dropped to £22.99. Found them on eBay and won the auction at £18 for 8. Browsing for the tractor and barn now, if not then I'll buy the foreign version which is almost half the price of the English.

There's a huge charity shop at the bottom of my street which I need to go inside. The window display is amazing.

I bought DD2 secondhand weebles - originally £49.99 for 6 but dropped to £22.99. Found them on eBay and won the auction at £18 for 8. Browsing for the tractor and barn now, if not then I'll buy the foreign version which is almost half the price of the English.

There's a huge charity shop at the bottom of my street which I need to go inside. The window display is amazing.

I got the barn from Boots a while back in the sale, Eric has most of the Peppa Pig set, great choice! I found the Peppa Pig Weebles house in a charity shop for less than £5 (cant remember exactly how much as this was last year), it came with the original figure too. I was sooooooo excited! :xmas13:

To illustrate my cheapskate-ness..... so far I have bought two books from The Works (well one book set and a book for DH), at £15 and £6. So total = £21.
I found a 25% off code online so have now paid only £15.75 for that total (collect in store). I got the £6 book for free!!!!! I still have the original receipts so plan to take them back on Thursday. :xmas12:

I got the barn from Boots a while back in the sale, Eric has most of the Peppa Pig set, great choice! I found the Peppa Pig Weebles house in a charity shop for less than £5 (cant remember exactly how much as this was last year), it came with the original figure too. I was sooooooo excited! :xmas13:

To illustrate my cheapskate-ness..... so far I have bought two books from The Works (well one book set and a book for DH), at £15 and £6. So total = £21.
I found a 25% off code online so have now paid only £15.75 for that total (collect in store). I got the £6 book for free!!!!! I still have the original receipts so plan to take them back on Thursday. :xmas12:

We have the Peppa Grandma pig's house (ToysRUs special), she chose it out of her Christmas money last year, then she bought Emily, Pedro and Danny figures with her birthday money in June. She loves them. Although they are worth the money, I don't want to spend it haha.

Oh you're naughty!! :haha: :haha:

We have the Peppa Grandma pig's house (ToysRUs special), she chose it out of her Christmas money last year, then she bought Emily, Pedro and Danny figures with her birthday money in June. She loves them. Although they are worth the money, I don't want to spend it haha.

Oh you're naughty!! :haha: :haha:

I totally want the Grandparents figures but they are SOOOOO expensive just for the one figure. Will be keeping an eye out for second-hand. They are really well made, and hilarious when they wobble around, a bit like me Xmas day :rofl:

I love a bargain and I also buy lots 2nd hand, especially plastic toys as I don't want to contribute more to all the plastic in our landfills. I get such a thrill finding something 2nd hand and knowing that it's getting used instead of chucked, plus I'm saving money!
Your buys so far are fab! :dance:

Got to Love a good 2nd hand buy. I just bought ds a Mrs potato head silly suitcase off eBay for 7.99. He LOVES his Mr. Potato head x

i've just ordered a book and 4-disc DVD box set on ebay for the grand total of..... £3.06:

Quick, let's get out of here - Michael Rosen £1.64

Robot Wars Stars Collection (4 DVDs featuring battles by 4 different robots) £1.42

The Michael Rosen book is HILARIOUS, read it when I was a kid and have given up trying to find it in a charity shop. The DVD set is for the boys as they adore Robot Wars, and more expensive to buy the 4 DVDs separately :shrug:. Hoping they are in a decent condition (apparently "Very good" so we shall see). Will give you an update when I get them :xmas8:

Not updated this for a while, but still buying stuff and bargain-hunting as I go. I bought Moustache Smash game for £6.50 off ebay which Im pleased with, need to go to Post Office to pick it up. Ive bought some books for Logan as well, and a few Hot Wheels cars too. Will take some pics and will add prices etc to the first post. Im going to add Husband's list too, but if he peeks at it hes in for trouble.... :grr:

This book I bought for £3 from a charity shop for DH, we both love Star Wars and I think Logan wants to read it too :xmas12:

Attachments

• 3D_Millennium_Falcon_1a.jpg
    3D_Millennium_Falcon_1a.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
  • MF book.jpg
    MF book.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads