My SIL thinks she knows... (just a rant)

Chel

Reaction score
.. EVERYTHING!

Its remarkable how one women can somehow be an expert in every possible topic! I dont know how she manages it!:hissy:

I sort of took it with a bit of a smile that she seemed to think she knew EVERYTHING about being pregnant. When I was 9 months pregnant and becoming overdue and becoming stressed about labour she was talking to me about the time she was pregnant in a "oh I know ho you feel" way... as if the two experiences were at all comparable (umm... she 'took care of it' at 6 weeks pregnant...)

Yesterday she seemed to know better than me about Jasper and actually was telling me what to do with him. Jasper was crying in bed and I'd just put him down I'm very good at leaving him, but he had a seriously upset cry and I went to get him up and she's said to me "Rachel, no, dont get him" in a really firm tone!!! At that point I was still undecided whether or not to get him up, but that made me HAVE to get him up! NOBODY is telling me like that what to do with MY baby.

Then, He was fussing and wouldn't go down to sleep and she said to me in a superior tone "he's not tired"

The problem was he was overtired!

:hissy:

She's a bit daft really! Seriously, a woman with no children thinking she knows better than the baby's mother and I have background in childcare... excuse me, but I've got it handled!

Ahhh, I feel beter now! Gotta love BnB for venting. Thanks!

I know how you feel, my in laws say stuff like that all the time, especially when I lived with them for 2 months (cringing!) I'd ignore it although I know sometimes it's hard and you want so bad to just yell at them!!

:shock: I would have said something really narky to her! That is so uncalled for.

:hugs:

:shock: I'm surprised you didn't kick her out the door! :hugs: x

Oh honey, you're not alone I have one too!

:hugs: I know someone like this, soo fun to prove them wrong :D

:hugs: I've got one too!! Family eh??

I'm supposed to be putting rusk in a 9 week olds bottle :dohh: :hissy: As if!!

Hey Rach, totally agree, half the fun of people who think they know everything is proving them wrong...no matter how petty it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->