My son hasnt eaten for more than 24 hrs. HELP!

suzan

Reaction score
DS' is doing much better.. Fever is gone, but still a little diarrhea compared to what he had. His stools are harder bec they were watery and we had to switch to lactose free-high iron formula milk bec the regular one would cause more diarrhea as doc adviced. So we were supposed to stick on the lactose free for 2 weeks and then switch back to normal.,.. the thing is that he isnt taking the lactose free, sure it is diff in taste but he just wouldnt take it.. So we have been giving him serum water as doc told us to avoid dehydration, but thats the only thing he drinks. Its been more than 24 hours and he hasnt eaten a thing, just the serum. I am scared. He sure lost weight, but thats bec of diarreah.. We tried giving him little of the regular formula but he is refusing as well.. he is just whining and is a miserable baby and my heart is broken. :cry:

How can I make him eat, I am scared something bad could happen to him :(

I'm not sure how to make him eat, but I hope he feels better!!!

ok so, he wouldnt eat.. but we made sure he swallowed some! we used a medicine dispenser and made him swallow few. Was it mean? I dont think so bec now I can sleep more relaxed knowing he has something in his tummy

That's not mean hun. At least he's had a little bit of food.

Have you spoken to your Doctor about him refusing food?

:hugs:

That's not mean hun. At least he's had a little bit of food.

Have you spoken to your Doctor about him refusing food?

:hugs:

Yes, at today's follow up appt. We thought he had issues with the new lactose free formula, so she said to switch back if he wouldnt take it. But then we realized he didnt want the regular one either!

It was late to call her and ask her! so we just had to do that. tomorrow will call her..! it's 2am in here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->