...My Super Truper Wedding Journal...

Thanks honeybee2, I am very fond of that one too. Still obsessed with the red one though - do you think it's important to be traditional in white? x x

depends on your feelings hun- personally I think white looks more traditional, but I love the off white colours such as cream, ivory, diamond white and oyster x

I agree that white is definitely more traditional. It's definitely a hard thinker!!
So would you choose the first white one then? :) x x

I love the first dress and the red one!

I prefer ivory/cream to white but if I was younger (I'm an "older" bride :haha:) then I'd definately go with white :thumbup: Couldnt you find out if the red dress comes in a white colour option?
New stalker btw :hi:

Thanks Mynx,
And no, you can only get it in red. But it's a bargain at 79.99!!! :)
Haha thanks hun :) x x

That is indeed a bargain! The style of the red one is very similar to the 5th dress in your first set of pics tho :thumbup:

Yes it is! Didn't realise that!
SO what white one would you choose to get married in then? And would you choose a different one for the venue? x

I love both the first white one and the 5th one, so it would be a tough choice! But tbh, I'd have to see them on to decide which looked the best... it might be an idea for you to go to a few bridal shops to see what style suits you the most and then look for dresses online from there?
When I was first looking for dresses, I thought I would prefer something a little more understated, and quite close fitting (almost grecian) but when I saw the dress I have now, I almost cried. That's how I knew it was THE dress. So I got it and omg I'm so in love with it and it's the complete opposite of what I was intending on getting :haha: It's a real princessy style one heh! So its definately worth trying on a few dresses and doing it with an open mind ;)
As for choosing a different dress for the venue, no way... I'm intending on wearing mine all day and all evening .. I'll take off my veil and I may well take off my petticoat (big ole 4 hooped thing lol!) but the dress will stay on :D

Wow Mynx, that sure sounds like THE dress... do you have any pics :blush:
Yes I'm planning on going to a few shops soon and doing what you say, as it's a good idea. Like you though, I'll probably end up going for something completely different :haha: x x

Oooo any excuse to post pics of me dress!!!

Here it is...

First 2 pics arent me :haha: but the last one is of me in it with the 4 hooped petticoat underneath it :D

Attachments

• 1703.jpg
    1703.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
  • THE dress!.jpg
    THE dress!.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 4
  • P5140030.jpg
    P5140030.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4
Oh it looks absolutely gorgeous!!!!! :hugs:

I bet you are so excited!
Just had a quick look on your wedding journal and your story is so sweet!! :) x x

Aww thanks hun :) I adore it! And it was a bargain ... £70 from Ebay as it was an ex display dress from Tiffany Bridal, but it's spotless!
Most of my journal is ramblings tbh, but it's good to have somewhere to put down my thoughts, ideas and lists ;)

I love the first one!!!

Tbh, I love my dress so much that I don't even want to think about changing out of it at the venue. :haha: I'm DYING for my veil to come in so I can go back and put it on again for a bit!!! :rofl:

Welcome! :wave:

I love the first one!!!

Tbh, I love my dress so much that I don't even want to think about changing out of it at the venue. :haha: I'm DYING for my veil to come in so I can go back and put it on again for a bit!!! :rofl:

Welcome! :wave:

Hahah I'm the same! Any excuse for me to go try it on again ;) I lose 1lb, I think ... Ooooo I'll go try it on! :haha:

Mynx: wow!! I love Ebay :haha: you get sooo many bargains!! I thought I'd have a look and I feel in love with them all :) The one's I've chosen are all under 80.00!!
I may have to take some of your ideas in the way you plan them :blush: lol x x

Tiff: Thanks hun, that definitely has been a winner so far!
Yeah I was thinking that but the white one's I've chosen don't really look fit for a party :haha: x x

Congratulations :)

Your story of how you got together is lovely :)

Stalking your journal xxxxx

Thank you very much jen1604 :)
Haha it usually gets people going aww :haha: x x

hey, love how u two got together! saw u live in colchester, i am in clacton, there are some lovely places to get married around, i am going to gretna green though! The dresses are lovely x

Thanks Scally,
Aww great, I do need help with it actually - you need to get married in your parish if you want to get married in a church dont you? Are there places you know of though that don't need this? x x

So you've seen dresses for myself at the moment, and I'm still tied between red or white?
However for the bridesmaids I've found four dresses that me and my two bridesmaids so far like...
So, I'm not sure what colours to have them in as it depends on my dress too. I'm definitely leaning to the first one. It also comes in a silvery grey colour like the second one.
The second one comes in this silvery grey and purple or a strong blue.
The third one is very simple and comes in lots of different colours.
The fourth I also like, and comes in black, red or white.
I definitely like the style of them.

If you have any good combination suggestions with my dresses and theirs please do help! :)

Attachments

• Bridesmaids Dress No.1.jpg
    Bridesmaids Dress No.1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Bridesmaids Dress No.5.jpg
    Bridesmaids Dress No.5.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Bridesmaids Dress No.7.jpg
    Bridesmaids Dress No.7.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Bridesmaids Dress No.6.jpg
    Bridesmaids Dress No.6.jpg