• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My wedding babble thread **Pictures now added**

Remember that you can still get some nice photos in the rain

Its alot of open space, im not even sure of the tree coverage as theyre felling some of the diseased trees there atm. Its the flower garden we were going to head to which is open space

Buy some umbrellas? :p My friend got massive clear-plastic ones with white edging in Primark for a couple of quid each, as a "Just in case".

Personally, I would just pay it (given the amount they want), and have the peace of mind that no-one can tell you to leave or stop taking pictures.

I agree u can get some lush brollys - try ebay too :)

Didnt know parks charge :( Is there any nice woodlands etc nearby - they could be nice with trees and lakes :)

x

:wacko: Parks charge there? That's ridiculous! Can you get away with just having a sneaky photo sesh if you don't pay? Do they have people randomly wandering around there and checking for receipts that you've paid?

What a cash grab!

I dunno, if you were using a private park then you'd have to get permission and pay, and it's not like council tax can cover everything! They aren't charging hundreds of pounds, and if it helps keeps the parks open, then I don't see it as a massive problem that they charge.

ETA - it also means that you can take up to 2 cars right into the park, so you won't have to worry about parking somewhere else (which can be challenging) and then traipsing through the park!

Tbh hun I would just go for it. Who is there to catch you?! And even if there was someone and they did...you could just say you didnt realize and pay right there? Saves unnecessary cost if it rains?

But the brolly idea is great! Iv seen loads of pic with brollys as just a 'prop'!! Looks awesome :thumbup:

Attachments

• bridal-parasol.jpg
    bridal-parasol.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1
  • wet-wedding.jpg
    wet-wedding.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 4
  • wedding-photography-rain-vancouver.jpg
    wedding-photography-rain-vancouver.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2
  • wedding-day-rain2.jpg
    wedding-day-rain2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 3
  • p6220020_medium.jpg
    p6220020_medium.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
£59. You can take 2 cars into the park, they send a park ranger in beforehand to make sure the area is clean, and looking its best for your pics. They also (apparently) ensure that you have the use of the area, and don't have random people just wandering into shots.

Oh i think I'd pay that too, if they will make sure its clean etc!

Brollies are the way to go if you check the weather a few days before and it looks rainy! you can stock up on cheap primarni ones!

Best not be raining, it hasn't rained on my birthday for a good few years now so fingers crossed!!!!

Eala where di you find that out? they guy only told me the price but nothing else

I didn't, Neil did :rofl:

It was a report where GCC was asked to justify why they charged, when other councils don't. And they explained what was covered in the price. He just googled "paying for wedding photos in glasgow parks" or something.

You could always e-mail them to double check that this is still the case. Given that they talk about letting cars into the park, there would definitely have to be some member of staff on-hand to unlock the gates ;)

What gates? Theres flats in the middle of the park so theres a road right through it anyways :lol:

no point emailing them, they havent seem to got the hang of that technology yet since they sent Rob an email meant for someone else :dohh:

I'm probably thinking of the wrong park then - it's not like I've actually been there that I remember :haha: They mentioned gates in this report :shrug:

Phone them instead of e-mailing then?

Our savings scheme money has been paid in from Asda, evertying can be paid off now :happydance:
We got a bit more than expected too!

And ive ordered 7kg of sweets :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"