• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My wedding babble thread **Pictures now added**

Arcanegirl can i stalk i stay just outside of glasgow and have sorted most of the things for my wedding now and relatively cheaply. So if you need a hand let me know.

Do you have date/colours etc decided?

i love your venue its lovely xx

You can help me find everything i need then ;)

Erm, remember that I got married more than 5 years ago, so goodness knows if (1) I can remember half the places I got things and (2) if they still exist :rofl:

Don't think I actually used Ebay for anything, but I don't remember it being as much of a phenomenon then as it is now!

Well i got an email back from the Venue :D

here is a copy:

The suite is free to hire provided that 60 guests are attending the function in question. A £50 deposit is needed to secure the booking, but this is returned on the night when the head-count reaches 60. I have attached our 3 different buffet menus for you, if you're after more of a formal sit down meal then the current bar menu is available on the website.

We have a full PA system and you can either DJ yourself free of charge, bring an outside DJ or we can provide one for £150 until 3AM.

Feel free to get in contact with any more questions.

Kind regards, Kieran.

:happydance:

I think to keep things simple i will use thier DJ, the more outside stuff there is the more confusing itll get.

60 people is easy, since i dont even know that many :rofl:

That sounds just up your street! The venue looks quite modern-city-chic, you dont need much decoration to make it wedding-y, praps a few personal touches to show people that its YOUR wedding?
How much is food per person? What about a welcome drink for each guest?
As for your dress, I think a birdcage veil would look incredible with it???!!!!

So you have to pay

Your dress
Registrar and registry office
The venue deposit
The DJ
Food
Transport?
Flowers?
Rings
Guys suits
Few personal decoration pieces?

.....easy peasy lemon squeezy!!! Its all coming together!!!!!

gimme 2 secs and ill paste the buffet menu options i was sent...

hmmm will need to try attachments...
but the cheapest one is £4.50 per person and its the usual sausage rolls, sandwiches etc plus optional extras of hot food priced per tray :D

The next option is £6.50 per person and includes hot and cold food

and the last one at £9.50, has fancy food that i dont think id like :lol:

Your dress
Registrar and registry office
The venue deposit
The DJ
Food
Transport?
Flowers?
Rings
Guys suits
Few personal decoration pieces?

Most of the above, Rob has a suit and im trying to convince him that itll be fine to use, just buy a new shirt and shoes :lol:

the menu does actually sound good! They do fantastic food.

I cant upload the menus or copy and paste, Eala is coming over tomorrow, she can have a look ;)

oooh thats great news its coming together easily.

i managed to find hair £25 and make-up for £25 if you need the numbers give me a shout x

food in universal bar is amazing....the tomato and orange soup is best soup i have ever tasted

so if you used the second menu thats 6.50x60 = £390!!!!!!!! Baby, your laughing! xx

I wont even have 60 people :rofl:

Itll give me more choice on who to invite to the after party :D It was originally going to be those at the actual wedding that would get fed, and the rest come after for drinks but looks like i can feed them too (more chance they'll turn up right? :rofl: )

wow thats sounds perfect?!

so only if you dont hit 60 headcount on the night you get the £50 deposit? Even with the deposit in the cost, thats still pretty good!

hang on..hang on, I thought you NEEDED 60 people in order to have the party there?

..oh I get it, I get it. So if you dont invite 60 people, you loose your deposit? Even still...thats brilliant!!!

For that price you can invite 60 people have a sit down meal and then a night buffet! Bargain!

The venue is free if theres 60 people, £50 if theres less :)

i'll look out those numbers and message them to you hun.

thats a great price

what about centrepieces are you doing any? x

Ive emailed them back to clarify about the deposit thing, also to ask if its okay to feed less people, and have more turn up after the meal for drinks and DJ, and if that will help the headcount to 60 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->