• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My wedding babble thread **Pictures now added**

We went to the registry office today and got a price list and a date provisionally booked :D
We had originally booked for the 31st Aug but due to a few reasons ill be phoning tomorrow to change it to the 5th Aug.

My photographer has also confirmed he can do the 5th and a rough price for us. £600 for 150 photos and printed into a photobook, all fully edited etc and he will be there for the full event from start to finish, inc the afterparty (must make sure to feed him :lol: )

Ive made a list of rough prices which i will put up in a sec, any input would be great :)

Sounds like you've got some right bargains on there hun!! Well done you x

The rough price list:

Registry bit, all in inc paperwork: £177

Venue (Universal) £50 deposit, £4.50 pp buffet (for 25 people) £162.50

DJ £150

Dress budget £100

Suit budget (he has a suit, but needs shirt and shoes) £50

Clothes for Alex £30

Photographer £600

Cake £50

well anything with a personal touch? Some people have flowers, candles, balloons, pictures of them growing up and being together...lanterns? They can be so cheap too! Also invites! xx

<--------- super excited bridesmaid!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sooooo... what kind of evil things shall I be organising for AG's hen night, do you think? ;) :muaha:

errrrrmmm, blind fold her- cover some hunks body in cream and get her to lick it off!

Also stick HUNDREDS of knobs on her!

Also stick HUNDREDS of knobs on her!

:shrug:

https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/lynne_turner/upimg1_Shift-Knob-and-Gear-Knob_49371.jpg

:huh:

https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/lynne_turner/rickenbacker_guitar_knob_vintage.jpg

:saywhat:

I feel I may be missing something here ;)

:rofl: Eala!

I have completely forgotten what I was going to say.

You'll be able to get a suit for Alex from debenhams/BHS xx

Ive added the price list to the first post so i can find it :lol:

Ive changed the food pricing and added more people. If Universal allows, then i want to feed everybody but stagger the buffet. So feed the wedding group earlier, then feed the rest at a later time.

The party venue is now booked and deposit paid :D
Slightly freaked the manager out as he sent me an email to say th date was free then i came in to book it, he though oh crap ive just emailed this lady for the same date :lol:

Now for the problem part....
The wedding is at 3pm, the venue would give us 7pm at the earliest and we cant book the wedding any later.
What do we do in between?

Go to a pub in the meantime?

Yikes, yeah that's a tough one. :hugs:

Oooh that is a toughy. Erm, all I can think is go to a different pub/bar xx

ETA: Don't forget that if you're having a photographer there'll be 1hr+ for photos in the inbetween too xx

We could but its the travelling about i guess, i dont want to be going to all sorts of places. Might go back to the venue sometime and see if they can help me think of something. Like maybe scrap the buffet and do a sit down meal.

a sit down meal would prob be the most obvious explanation! Doesnt have to be expensive meals either- we're having chilli con carne! woooop!!!

Wont they open a bar for you for the time inbetween. I know 4 hours sounds like a long time but after the photos and mingling it'll go just like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->