Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

I'm getting increasingly worried about this dress from China :( Really starting to fret over it now! I'm so worried that it's not going to come or if it does, that it'll be really crappy quality :( That'll serve me right for trying to save some pennies lol!

I'm actually thinking more and more about altering the other dress that I have (hence why I havent sold it on yet) as a back up. I keep trying it on and thinking that it does look gorgeous, if only it fit properly.... it's also the train thing.. its' a chapel train (altho it does seem longer than other chapel trains I've seen!) I have 2 petticoats that are "train" ones and they just sit right under it.. but the 2 hoop a line one I have kinda does... oh the dilemma!!!
I think I might wait for now.. my dress is due to be shipped out on the 25th of this month and I've paid for express shipping so it should be here by the beginning of May.. till then I guess I wont know anything!

:hissy:

I would see about taking your dress in to a dressmaker, she should be able to do what needs to be done to make it fit/to your liking. Maybe worth a shot if the china dress doesn't work out xxx

I think I will hun. I've googled local wedding dress alterations and come up with one nearby to me and she does free consultations so I might email her and see about getting a consultation with my dress and find out how much it'll cost :thumbup:

I just dont trust china dresses- no china dress that ive seen looks good. Harsh, but you can tell the difference. How much did you pay for it? Only asking because Monsoon and highstreet stores do wedding dresses too! Also catalogues, I'd trust a BHS dress 100% more. Then again we all have different opinions and tatses in quality and what looks ok.
I'm sorry that your anxious about it honey, I would be too!
Fingers crossed that it will be ok.xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hun, it was under £100 so I guess I'll probably get what I've paid for lol! Ah well, as I say, it serves me right for thinking what a bargain it was! You never know, it may arrive on time and be stunning :shrug:
I've been looking at the BHS dresses and there's actually a really nice simple one that's right up my street and the dress is called.... EVIE!

I reckon that's fate ;) x

Ok so having decided that my first dress is just out of the question now (really gone off it, dunno why - I'll be selling that on Ebay lol!) and this China dress was just a BIG mistake, I've been on the search for another dress... and I've found THE DRESS!

Just thinking about it makes me want to cry and my stomach flips over! It's stunning. And yes, it's still ALOT cheaper than a store bought one but it's from Ebay.. a UK seller ... and an ex-display one, so altho it's new, it has been tried on by other brides.
It's a Tiffany Bridal dress and is stunning... it was a size 12 so it's going to be waaay too small atm but it gives me an incentive to lose weight! It also has a corsetted back which will allow a little give :happydance: It matches all the accessories I have bought so far and doesnt need a petticoat lol! And the price?

£70

Yes, £70 with £8 courier charges.

Here's a couple of pics....

It's pouffier than I wanted and it does have a train, but omg I'm in love :cloud9: Besides.. I'm only getting married once, why not go for it!

Attachments

• 1703.jpg
    1703.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 26
  • THE dress!.jpg
    THE dress!.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 24
Lol 3 dresses!!! Tis a wonder you ain't divoirced yet :p
Looks lovely Cola, have you ordered it? xXx

I know Nik, 3 dresses is a bit extreme eh :S But hey, I'm in the process of putting the first one up on Ebay (it's being a right pain in the bum tho! Grr!) so hopefully I'll get my money back on that one and then when/if the other one arrives, I'll put that on Ebay too lol! At least I'll get some money back on them, I dont fancy my chances of cancelling my order with the China one because I've read they can be really awkward and the customer service is crap!

Yes, I've ordered it now so I'll hopefully have it by the end of the week! :happydance:

LOL me too Nik! I'm sure it is tho cos every time I look at piccies of it, my belly flip flops ;) Besides, it's gotta be 3rd time lucky eh :haha:

its beautiful! make sure your able to loose the weight for it though hun! you dont want 3 useless dresses! xxx

It's beautiful! How much do you think you will have to lost to get in to it? Remember, with a lace up back and it being an unaltered sample, you might be able to get it to fit a size 14 xx

Thanks girls :)
I hope it does measure up to be more of a 14 than a 12, that would be great! :thumbup:

I'm a 14 in regular clothes and I know that bridal dresses are usually on the small side lol! I reckon I've probably got to lose about a stone in weight, and that should easily be done tbh.. I drink far too much Cherry Coke, so cutting that out should help me shift the pounds.. it did last time I stopped drinking it! :haha:

I've lost 12lbs just by stopping drinking sugary tea, coke and sticking to 1200/1200 calories a day :thumbup: You will get there xxx

Ooo well done sweetie! That sounds very do-able to me ;) If I can lose 12lbs, then that would be perfect! :thumbup:

I've just had an email from the seller of the dress and he's arranged the courier already, it's being picked up tomorrow and will be delivered in 3-5 working days... hopefully it'll be here by the weekend!! :happydance:

Not sure if this will still work for anyone else now it's ended, but here's a link to the auction...
The dress doesnt look quite as nice in these pics but I'm pretty sure that's just down to crappy lighting etc...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170620368407&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

ive lost a stone and 11lbs by doing weight watchers online and doing the pro points system. Its £10 a month and I love it!!!!

A stone is fairly easy to loose, cut back on a few things and have a brisk walk once a day! xx

Wow HB, nearly 2 stone! That's fab hun :thumbup:

I'm hoping I wont have too much to lose, but I guess I wont know till the dress gets here really!

Anyways, got some piccies of the dress... excuse the poor quality but I took piccies of the Ebay piccies if you know what I mean!
It shows the train etc, and while I didnt really like the train on my first wedding dress, I feel that this doesnt look quite as bulky or long so I'm happy with it :)
It says in the listing that there's plenty of netting already under the dress so it doesnt need a petticoat, but I do have a 2 hoop a line one which I will try and see what it looks like :)

Attachments

• P4120055.jpg
    P4120055.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
  • P4120058.jpg
    P4120058.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 7
  • P4120060.jpg
    P4120060.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 6
More pics of stuff I have so far ..

Pic 1 - Veil - Ivory shoulder length 2 tier rat tailed edged with crystals
Pic 2 - Shoes - Not sure about these as they're actually champagne rather than cream or ivory... but they're so pretty and really comfortable! I'll see when my dress comes :D
Pic 3 - Garter - My "something blue"
Pic 4 - Cravat Pin - Red Rose to compliment the bridal flowers ... very pretty :D

Attachments

• P4120062.jpg
    P4120062.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 3
  • P4120066.jpg
    P4120066.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P4120069.jpg
    P4120069.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4
  • P4120070.jpg
    P4120070.jpg