**Mysterious Hormonal Illness** Dr is clueless, could you help???

Snugggs

Reaction score
:wave:
I'm looking for some advice as to whether any of you lovelies have had a similar problem or anyone that is good at puzzles!!!

DH and i have been TTC for 12 months. I have always had regular clockwork AF up until around 2 years ago. I now have very irregular AF and my longest cycle has been around 5 months.
I went to my GP a few months ago regarding this aswell as other symptoms i had developed:

Hairloss (around 40% with some regrowth)
Excessive weight gain
PMS (to the extreme!)
Fatigue
Burning Headaches

Classic symptoms of PCOS i hear you say??? i thought that too! We also managed to rule ouy and sort of stress or post traumatic stress.
After endless blood tests coming back normal, GP sent me for an ultrasound to check for PCOS. Low and behold the results were clear! Not a lump or cyst in sight that wasn't normal.

I'm now at the point where she has sent me to Gyn to seek further tests, but the appointment is a few weeks away yet.

Any advice or idea's or experiences that could help me understand why i am so broken???

:flower:

Hey Becs, Im sorry but I havent a clue what it all could be if they've said its not pcos. I have that but dont have any other symptoms of it than no AF's, everything else is totally "normal". I'd have said unexplained infertility, but saying that have the blood tests ruled out you ovulating??? Cos that can happen even without AF's. Hmmm its certianly a new one for me hun! Welcome to the broken club cos by god there's a plenty of us on here hehehe x

Hi Snugggs, I can't shed any light on what might be going on, but I wanted to recommend that you try traditional chinese medicine (acupuncture, herbal medicine and dietary changes) - it works wonders for fertiltiy problems, whether or not western medicine can offer an explanation.
If you decide to give it a try you need to make sure it's somebody who's trained to treat fertility issues. Check out the Really Useful TCM Thread in the TTC section if you're interested. Can also recommend the book The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis. She trained in western medicine before training in TCM after it helped her have a second child.
It can seem a bit expensive but it can work wonders.
Abi x

Hi - first thing I thought when i read your symptoms was a thyroid problem. Ive been research it at the moment cos I have low BBT (temperatures) and thought I might have a problem with my thyroid. Some of the symptoms are hairloss, weight gain, infertility, etc... you should check it out on net. Im sure your DR has tested for it though. It can be related to PCOS too.

I absolutely agree!

Please go read this site:

https://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

Hi Snugggs, I can't shed any light on what might be going on, but I wanted to recommend that you try traditional chinese medicine (acupuncture, herbal medicine and dietary changes) - it works wonders for fertiltiy problems, whether or not western medicine can offer an explanation.
If you decide to give it a try you need to make sure it's somebody who's trained to treat fertility issues. Check out the Really Useful TCM Thread in the TTC section if you're interested. Can also recommend the book The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis. She trained in western medicine before training in TCM after it helped her have a second child.
It can seem a bit expensive but it can work wonders.
Abi x

Totally agree with Abster. You can get a fertility acupuncturist through the Zita West website and I'm reading Randine Lewis's book now. It's really interesting.

:hi:

Thankyou all, ladies, for your replies. They have been more than useful (and grateful :)). Sorry i'm so late in replying but i have not been at my computer all day.

I too have always thought i have had a thyroid problem as my weight fluctuates so much, and i'm talking stones not pounds. One year i will gain 5 stones, the next year i will lose it!! I eat really healthy (and always watch what i'm eating), so i have always had regular checks for thyroid problems (needless to say the results are always ok!)

I will definatly take a look into into the alternate therapies and medicines. It's an avenue that me and DH are certainly looking to take (bless him he's very supportive :blush:), so thankyou for pointing me in the right direction with that.

I have also done a little bit of my own research into Cushings and other pituitary gland type probems. If it is any of those it scares the hell out of me!

Thankyou so much ladies for getting back to me, i thought noone had saw my thread :blush:. I will keep you all updated on here :thumbup:

P.s Thanks for the welcome to the Broken Club. As awful as it is for us broken women, it's certainly nice to know we're not alone.

:hugs:

It is possible to have regular periods, normal looking ovaries and still have PCOS.

Although when I was first diagnosed via internal ultrasound years ago I had the classic string of pearls on my ovaries, I have had so many scans since and sometimes they look typically Polycystic and at other times they look perfectly normal.

I have regular AF and I ovulate but I consider it a weak ovulation that does not produce adequate quality eggs.

Have you had CD3 and CD 21 blood tests?

Also have you hear of syndrome X? Goggle it and see if any of your symptoms match.

Good Luck

Wendy x

Hi Wendy :wave:

First things first, i will google! I have heard of it but know nothing about it and never even so much as thought of looking into it (this bliss of being in denile eh! :haha:).

Ive never had the blood tests you've mentioned either. If i'm honest, as good as i think my GP is, i don't think she has looked into it enough. When the results of the scan came back ok she sort of closed the door on the pcos avenue and assumed it must be someting else. She has now refered me to Gyn (which the appointment is the 28th April) to investigate further.

Thanks for the pointers Wendy, really appreciate it :hugs:

Good luck to you also xx

Hi Snugggs,
I agree with abster. It is definitely worth reading up on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). TCM is not as invasive or clinical as western medicine. It is about looking after our body inside out and it will definitely help towards the holistic process of preparing our body while trying to conceive. All the best when you go for further tests.

Keep us updated and if you need more information, feel free to drop me a line.

Hi Snugggs,
I agree with abster. It is definitely worth reading up on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). TCM is not as invasive or clinical as western medicine. It is about looking after our body inside out and it will definitely help towards the holistic process of preparing our body while trying to conceive. All the best when you go for further tests.

Keep us updated and if you need more information, feel free to drop me a line.

Thank you Blooming, i will definatly keep you all updated!. Feel free to stalk my journal for updates too :thumbup:

Yesterday i invested in some moonstone nuggets for me and DH to put under our matress and ive made him keep one in his pocket :haha:. I'm also going to have some chakra balansing in a few weeks, so hopefully that will help. Where i am having this done also offer apptments with herbalists ao i'm going to discuss with her some alternative therapy and medicine :happydance:

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->