Nail Varnish

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
Fed up of spending ages doing my nails for them to chip the next day...so can any one recommend a good nail varnish or top coat that doesnt chip for like 2/3 days.

I use nails inc Kensington caviar gel effect plumping top coat it gives the nails a gel like finish. I did mine for a wedding a few weeks ago and they lasted a good 4/5 days before a got a tiny chip :)

Mines the same. I'm currently wearing opi with a top coat and they've chipped a lot after only 2 days :brat:

I am really loving the Sally Hansen complete salon manicure nail polishes. "base coat, strengthener, growth treatment, salon-inspired color, top coat, chip-resistance and a gel finish all in 1 bottle". They' def last longer than most other polishes I've used. Mine last a good 3/4 days before they chip, rather than 1/2 days which is how long polish usually lasts on my nails! A good tip is ensuring your nails are very dry before you apply polish. Use polish remover to dry them out and also use a very fine nail file/fine grit sponge buffer on the whole nail before applying polish. The polish stays on so much better and for longer.

Stalking I am the same currently wearing models own and chipped only applied yesterday

I love OPI but it does chip! Especially the stronger colors like reds.

If I do my nails (not very often mind you!) I put on my colour wait until it has dried then put a thin layer of UV gel on top and cure it. Lasts ages.

I use a Sally Hansen one, it's not actually a top coat but works much better than any I've ever used it's called something like 'Strong like Diamonds'.

My favourites are Sally Henson and Barry m gelly. As another poster has said I normally put a layer of uv top coat on and cure it under my uv lamp for a minute, lasts ages! X

I also like the Sally Hansen top coats, I always find they make a real difference.

How much are these uv lamps? i saw in boots they had some gel based varnishes so might try them.

I really like Seche Vite or Out the door fast drying top coat. They both dry super fast. Seche vite is my fav as its ultra glossy!

Iv started to use gel nail polish and it lasts me 2 weeks with out a chip. My OH bought me a gel nail polish set and UV lamp for Christmas. I use bluesky. Its very good.

Alot of great tips here! Ive been getting pretty fed up with this myself lately. :) Think i may invest in a uv lamp and some uv gel polish! Xxx

Can you use normal Polish and then just use a gel top coat and the lamp? Or do you have to buy all the colours in gel too? How do you get it off?

Can you use normal Polish and then just use a gel top coat and the lamp? Or do you have to buy all the colours in gel too? How do you get it off?

Yes you can. That's what I do.

To remove it you need acetone nail polish and soak them. I do this to remove nail tips as well though.

I use seche vite top coat. It completely dries polish in 10 minutes and makes my nails ridiculously glossy and doesn't chip easily at all. The only downside it has is that it smells terrible until it dries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->