Nail Varnish

Can you use normal Polish and then just use a gel top coat and the lamp? Or do you have to buy all the colours in gel too? How do you get it off?

Yes you can. That's what I do.

To remove it you need acetone nail polish and soak them. I do this to remove nail tips as well though.

I have acetone already so that's good. Which gel top coat do you use? Any recommendations for cheapish lamps?

I use seche vite at the moment and although I love how fast it dries my polish it still chips the next day.

Can you use normal Polish and then just use a gel top coat and the lamp? Or do you have to buy all the colours in gel too? How do you get it off?

Yes you can. That's what I do.

To remove it you need acetone nail polish and soak them. I do this to remove nail tips as well though.

I have acetone already so that's good. Which gel top coat do you use? Any recommendations for cheapish lamps?

I use seche vite at the moment and although I love how fast it dries my polish it still chips the next day.

I got a kit off eBay for around £25 which was for UV Gel Nail tips so it included everything to do those.

You can pick up the lamps off ebay & amazon relatively cheap as well as the gel. I don't use a top coat per se, I use the gel that is used for the tips.

Thanks for all the info here, for years I have suffered chipped nail varnish within hours of putting it on because my nails are not the strongest so bend!

I've just invested in a UV lamp and some UV top coat, cost me £17 for both on Ebay, fingers crossed I've just found the answer thanks to BnB ladies :happydance:

Thanks for all the info here, for years I have suffered chipped nail varnish within hours of putting it on because my nails are not the strongest so bend!

I've just invested in a UV lamp and some UV top coat, cost me £17 for both on Ebay, fingers crossed I've just found the answer thanks to BnB ladies :happydance:

Oh please let me know how you get on with it! I have so much polish that I would love to be able to wear without chipping! Please do let me know.

Thanks for all your help lindseymw

Update - My stuff arrived yesterday and the lamp arrived today, I have already done my nails and love the results! I put a normal base coat on, then 2 coats of my normal nail varnish, gave it about half hour to dry solid then did the UV top coat, 2 mins under lamp then wiped the sticky stuff off with an isopropyl alcohol wipe! They look fab and feel like I could now go scrubbing the house and it will still stay in place :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I got fed up of doing my nails every 2-3 days, I now go to the salon once a month for gelish and have perfect nails all the time as they never chip x

Update - My stuff arrived yesterday and the lamp arrived today, I have already done my nails and love the results! I put a normal base coat on, then 2 coats of my normal nail varnish, gave it about half hour to dry solid then did the UV top coat, 2 mins under lamp then wiped the sticky stuff off with an isopropyl alcohol wipe! They look fab and feel like I could now go scrubbing the house and it will still stay in place :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Ooh thanks for the update! Keep me posted on how long they last, I think daily updates should do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->