Nails

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
What you doing for yours?

I am not an overall fan of the 'French mani' and was thinking of going for a colour (something nuetral), but the French Mani is timeless whereas I might not like a colour in a few years and as a result not like the photos as much that show it? :shrug:

Am I over complicating things? :lol:

I originally wanted my nails painted red..but I think they might draw attention away from my dress and make it look abit cheap iykwim? So I think im going to have a traditional french manicure..but I saw on pinterest a brides nails with a lace design over a french manicure and it looked lovely..
What colour were you thinking of getting?

I think im going to have something like this

https://pinterest.com/pin/15551561184000998/

I'm really not sure yet, I'm awful for biting mine when I'm nervous so I'm having a set of falsies put on (just need to choose a nice colour/design now)

Plain colour, a very light beige so that it's pretty much natural but not the whole manicure thing which can look weird IMO. Nude colour is really in fashion at the moment so it's modern enough but won't look weird in a few years. If you want something bold then have you considered a silver or gold metallic polish? They can look subtle but amazing.

I'm not a fan of french manicures, I'm a nude/neutral girl at heart. I'm thinking probably a dove grey for the wedding although I've searched for at least a year for the perfect one and am still yet to find it!

Mac do a colour called quiet time which is a nice dove grey. Topshop did one but it's discontinued unfortunately.

Thanks emy, should have specified that I only buy certain brands which are cruelty free and my beloved MAC have just started animal testing :cry: so I no longer have a good source of nail varnish OR make up :dohh:

I was thinking nude/beige/brown. I don't really 'do' proper colour unless it's a night out or something. Definitely don't want anything that's going to stand out too much against the white dress. I think red would be a bit much GypserDancer, unless it ties in with your theme?
Emmy, do you normally have falsies? I can't wear them. The most I'm branching out is to have gel polish for the wedding day. I guess my colour choice will be dictated by the options available :shrug:

Thanks emy, should have specified that I only buy certain brands which are cruelty free and my beloved MAC have just started animal testing :cry: so I no longer have a good source of nail varnish OR make up :dohh:

Really? I didn't know that! I NEED their concealer :cry:

I love Lush mascara which is vegan but I don't know of any other vegan makeup. I really respect that by the way. I must be more vigilant with stuff like that.

Gosh, massive respect to you for that. I just looked on the PETA website to see who does use animal testing and am genuinely shocked at some of the brands :nope: Also shocked at how many brands are owned by Estée Lauder!!

Have you looked on lucy rose organics? Im the smae only buy things not tested on animals i only use organic/ natural with no chemicals and they always have a huge amount of choice.

I love Lush mascara which is vegan but I don't know of any other vegan makeup. I really respect that by the way. I must be more vigilant with stuff like that.

Yeah they completely abandoned their ethics policy which the brand was founded on because they wanted to start selling in China where horrifically, animal testing for cosmetics is mandatory :wacko:

Ah thanks. It's more difficult than it was before MAC sold out. Urban Decay were cruelty free but just sold to L'Oreal, so like Body Shop they say they are still cruelty freebut as their parent companies test they're still unethical in that sense. I haven't tried Lush mascara but I've tried their foundation which was just too oily for my skin. I actually don't know of any cruelty free brands anymore other than Lush so god knows what I'm going to do when my current make up runs out!

Gosh, massive respect to you for that. I just looked on the PETA website to see who does use animal testing and am genuinely shocked at some of the brands :nope: Also shocked at how many brands are owned by Estée Lauder!!

Ah thanks, it is really eye opening to the extent of it when you try to find lists of companies which don't test. It's safe to say that you should automatically assume they do until proven otherwise. Plus companies intentionally try to deceive you into thinking they don't test and as far as I'm aware they're not required by law to state whether they do or not. It's a minefield!

And yeah Estée Lauder, L'Oreal, Avon... there are a few parent companies who own pretty much everything and none of them have animal testing policies, that's the problem!

Have you looked on lucy rose organics? Im the smae only buy things not tested on animals i only use organic/ natural with no chemicals and they always have a huge amount of choice.

Oh I haven't heard of them, but will look them up now - thanks! What sort of products are they? I really need to find a new brand of make up that is safe to use :dohh:

It's crazy. I knew big companies did it but when you look at the 'do test/don't test' lists here pretty much every major known brand is on the 'do test' list :nope:

I watched a tutorial on youtube and the girl who did it used vegan make up, I will try find out what it was x

It's crazy. I knew big companies did it but when you look at the 'do test/don't test' lists here pretty much every major known brand is on the 'do test' list :nope:

I know and it's worse once you get into it and realise just how many things are tested - had to change all of our cleaning products, all my shower products, hair products, make up, moisturisers... literally nothing is safe!
If anyone wants advice I can let you know what I use at the moment for each of these. What is annoying is that while something is safe to use one day it very quickly changes so you have to keep researching :dohh: worth it though!
I watched a tutorial on youtube and the girl who did it used vegan make up, I will try find out what it was x

Ahh that would be amazing, thank you!

Its a massive sight with all diferent brands its got everything makr up skin care chikdrens products hair products ect. I spend hours on it snd they will send samples of things to. I use lush foundation at the mo. :flower:

Yeah they completely abandoned their ethics policy which the brand was founded on because they wanted to start selling in China where horrifically, animal testing for cosmetics is mandatory :wacko:

Ah thanks. It's more difficult than it was before MAC sold out. Urban Decay were cruelty free but just sold to L'Oreal, so like Body Shop they say they are still cruelty freebut as their parent companies test they're still unethical in that sense. I haven't tried Lush mascara but I've tried their foundation which was just too oily for my skin. I actually don't know of any cruelty free brands anymore other than Lush so god knows what I'm going to do when my current make up runs out!

Ah thanks, it is really eye opening to the extent of it when you try to find lists of companies which don't test. It's safe to say that you should automatically assume they do until proven otherwise. Plus companies intentionally try to deceive you into thinking they don't test and as far as I'm aware they're not required by law to state whether they do or not. It's a minefield!

And yeah Estée Lauder, L'Oreal, Avon... there are a few parent companies who own pretty much everything and none of them have animal testing policies, that's the problem!

Oh I haven't heard of them, but will look them up now - thanks! What sort of products are they? I really need to find a new brand of make up that is safe to use :dohh:

Oh and whilst I remember butter london is vegan friendly nail polish and they did have a lovely grey one too, and you can buy it on amazon xx

Thanks so much both of you, will check them both out now! xxxx

I'm going to have acrylics on. I like to have them quite short but my own nails are really stubby! I will probably have them painted a pretty colour rather than have a frenchie :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->