name crisis!! please share opinions x

Bud123love

Reaction score
hellow everyone, i am having a little dilema. I am 22 weeks and i know i have a while to go, but feel i am really struggling with names. I am having a little girl and i really love the name marley, but I have mixed reveiws about it. friends love it and family hate it. i have a nephew called harley, and everyone thinks it will be silly as it rhymes with that. and some people keep saying its more of a boys name. what does everyone think. I also love the names sunny, fern, cassie, winne, fifi, madison, kiki, dusty and frankie????? opinions needed, please hellp!!! xxx:shrug:

Hi! I've never heard of Marley as anything but a surname, but it is quite cute! For your other names I don't like Winnie or Sunny very much. With Fifi and Kiki would you name them that or give them the full name (Fiona/Kirsten) and abbreviate?

You definitely have thing for names that end in an 'ee' sound :)

I love Marley. And the two I know are girls.

I really love Frankie too. I said it a while ago as a suggestion to my DH and he said no :nope:

Marley is a great name (slightly biased :winkwink:)! I'm not very keen on the other names you like though...

I know a girl called Marley! I think it's a great name, we liked it but it's OH's cousins name. From your list I also like Frankie and Fern.

Hi! I've never heard of Marley as anything but a surname, but it is quite cute! For your other names I don't like Winnie or Sunny very much. With Fifi and Kiki would you name them that or give them the full name (Fiona/Kirsten) and abbreviate?

You definitely have thing for names that end in an 'ee' sound :)

I agree- I'd use full versions of the name and use nicknames such as Fifi/ Kiki- when they're older and going for a job interview they might appreciate it! :)

Marley reminds me of the film Marley & me - about the dog...

To me, Marley is a boy's name. I'm not fussed and agree with your family that Harley and Marley sounds daft.

Not keen on your other names either. They don't seem like 'real' names to me.
Sorry not to be more positive. You'll never please everyone, so don't worry so much about what your friends/family think.

Marley is so cute! I wouldn't have thought of it myself but I think it's a lovely name for a little girl!

And with the Marley Harley thing it's not like they are siblings xx

Thanks everyone for your comments! Love marley, so def a top one on list for me! Ill see what my partner and i think when she gets here! She may not look like a marley after all! Thanks xx

My little sister's name is Marley! Well, not little...she is 20, but younger than me. I really like her name and when she was born, my siblings and I all helped pick it. So maybe I'm biased, but I love it and she does too :)

I love Marley! With the whole 'Harley & Marley' thing, I honestly think it depends on how often they see each other. I have cousins who are called Lewis & Louis (Lou-ee) and they see eachother all the time and it gets pretty confusing, but it wouldn't put me off using a name if I liked it that much.

To be very honest -- don't hate me-- right away Marley reminded me of a dog (i have to agree with mazzy) and it sounds like a guys name. I really do not like any of the other names you picked except Madison - I think that name is beautiful!

Thanks everyone for your comments! Love marley, so def a top one on list for me! Ill see what my partner and i think when she gets here! She may not look like a marley after all! Thanks xx

you should never name a child after what they 'look like' when born, everyone i know myself included thats parents did that ended up having there name changed later (which is a pain in the ass as you grow up and need to do anything offical)

the first few weeks are emotional, your not yourself and shouldnt make snap decisions... also children grow out of there baby look so quick that they look completely different within a few months

my son looked like an alex when he was born and im so glad we stuck with the name we chose originally or we would of regretted it like hell, we made a spur change on his other name and now hate it... but within 2 months he grew out of looking like an alex

I know a girl named Marley, but honestly don't think it suits a child very well, let alone a girl....
Madison is the only name that sounds okay to me from your list. All of the others sound childish/made up...While it may sound cute for a baby/toddler...Do you really want your daughter to have to write "fifi" or "dusty" on her resume???

That being said, some alternative suggestions might be:
Cassandra - nn Cassie
Madison (or some other name ending with "-son" - nn Sunny
Fiona - nn Fifi
Keira, Nikita - nn Kiki
Dusten - nn Dusty (but I personally think its a boys name and to me "dusty" is not a cute nn at all...
Winter/Whitney - nn Winnie
Frances - nn Frankie

Sunny is one of my all time favourite names after A Series of Unfortunate Events. I love it so much, I'd go with that if it was up to me!

Marley is lovely too. Fern is okay, Cassie I don't like, Winne and Fifi are cute, Madison, Kiki and Dusty sound like 70s country singers, I really don't like them, and Frankie is okay.

as for the cousin thing my DS has two cousins born less than 6 months apart both called Harry lol but because there from different sections of the family they never see each other you can tell by which family members talking which one they mean

DH really liked the name Marlene, which could be called Marley for short. I didn't care for it (although we considered it for a while). I can't help but think of the US Movie that was out a few years ago that had Marley in the title...it was about a dog named Marley!

I don't think the Harley/Marley thing would be an issue, since they are not siblings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->