name crisis!! please share opinions x

Please do not name your baby Dusty!

Fern is pretty though, and probably the only one I like from that list. Marley is also cute.

thanks everyone for your comments/opinions. it has given me perspective on what peoples inicial thoughts are on the names.

just to ask though, alot of people refer to the marley and me thing, but how come no-one ever says oh charlie, i thought of charlie and the chocolate factory, james, james and the giant peach, george, george of the jungle?????

it doesnt bother me naming my chid after a dog anyways, as its abit of a tradition in my family. we had a dog called harley when we were kids and my brothers decided to name his son harley. my cousin named her daughter tilly after a dog that my parents now have. my parents also have a dog called travis, and that was a name I loved before i found out i was having a girl. so maybe that is what appeals me to the name marley, as it is after a dog. ha. xx

thanks everyone for your comments/opinions. it has given me perspective on what peoples inicial thoughts are on the names.

just to ask though, alot of people refer to the marley and me thing, but how come no-one ever says oh charlie, i thought of charlie and the chocolate factory, james, james and the giant peach, george, george of the jungle?????

it doesnt bother me naming my chid after a dog anyways, as its abit of a tradition in my family. we had a dog called harley when we were kids and my brothers decided to name his son harley. my cousin named her daughter tilly after a dog that my parents now have. my parents also have a dog called travis, and that was a name I loved before i found out i was having a girl. so maybe that is what appeals me to the name marley, as it is after a dog. ha. xx

If tats tradition, theres nothing wrong with it. :hugs:
I dont think our childrens generation will ever have heard of that movie anyways.

Because Charlie, James, and George are classic and common names, at least here. Most people know TONS of Charlies, James, and Georges, so the name doesn't automatically go to the movie. I have never met a Marley, so the only time I have heard it in popular culture is in reference to the movie.

Nothing wrong with naming a child after a dog, if it is a girl, my child will be Sara - I named one of our cats Sara as a child. I liked the name then, like the name now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->