names for grandparents

when i had my 1st all my grandparents were still alive as well as my parents,so i had to find a way that dd could tell between them because if she said nanny or grandad 2 people would answer her, so i came up with

nanny and grandad on the train- my parents who lived in yorkshire,and as i didnt drive we used to go to visit them by train! they are still called this now

nanny and grandad up the road- my grandparents(mums side) who used to live a 10 minute walk from me-along the main road. (sadly not with us anymore)

gran and grandad stoke- my grandparents (dads side) who lived in stoke-on-trent! (sadly not with us anymore)

My mil is called nannar.

I know when my mums grandmothers were alive when she was young her mums mum was pussy nanny as she had cats, and her dads mum was doggy nanny as she had dogs!!

Well we will have Nano and Grandad (long story :dohh:) my parents
and DH's willl be Granny Glitter and Grumpy - well thats what we'll call them dunno about the baby!

My mum doesn't want to sound too old so she has decided to be called nanny Jack (Her first name is Jackie) it soon caught on and OH's mum is going to be called nanny Sue!

Both my dad and OH's dad aren't too fussed so it'll probably be Granddad for one and Grampy for the other!

xxx

My mum will be Nanny, My dad Grandad

Oh Mum Grandma and i dont no about his dad i guess grandad again lol

my mum is nana and my dad is pa, for papa x

My mom wants to be called Grandma and my grandparents who live up the street will be Granny and Grandpa just like they always have been.

invading, :p

my mum wants to be called nana, my dad will be grandad,
im not sure about OHs parents because i havnt met them yet (LOL)
but im assuming grandma and grandad, XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->