names you would love to have but feel you couldnt

I know a little girl called Coco... love it.

If my baby is a boy I would LOVE to call him Woody. I just love it, but I'm not sure other's would get it... And I don't like Edward... I also like Jett for a boy.

Lucy but we used to have a dog called that (she was already named when we got her)

Betty but is clashes horrendously with our surname.

I've always loved Ryan but married and am now an O'Brien so thats out the window!

I've always loved Freya but my sister in law had a baby last year and called her Saya so thats out the window too....

Back to the drawing board!

I love love love the name Harper for a girl but it's sooo popular here that I think she'd have half a dozen in her class.

I also like Field for a boy but dh doesn't like it.

Reginald (too old fashioned)

Ranulph (nothing to shorten it to)

Reuben (sounds Jewish)

I love Prudence but b/f would never agree!

Ananias.
I love it. I do. But, and this is important to me, it sounds almost the same as ananas, which would just see him either being called banana or pineapple. I don't want my child to go through life being called banana then the moment the other children start learning French getting called pineapple.

Žygimantas
I love it. I think it's easy to pronounce. I've since learned not everyone can wrap their heads around it, so it's been scrapped.

Božena
Again I loved it, didn't even think of the possible nicknames. OH went "so you want our child to be known as Bozo?".

Think they're the only ones I love but had to scratch off.

My husband always wanted to call our boy Rocky! We didn't ask for opinions and nor do we care what others think so Rocky he is! And i wouldn't change it for the world, it suits him so well and everybody who knows him agrees it suits him and has grown on them, nobody thinks anything of it anymore.

If you like a name, go for it!

I love Aston but because we have a Morgan I dont want people to think we have a car theme going on for our boys.

I love the name Evan but my last name is Williams and I don't think that's a good idea.

Agreed Pixie. Rocky is really cool! Everyone pulls a face when I mention my baby names but I don't care! I just hope they don't become popular...

Tiger Lily :cloud9: .. I have loved the name since I saw Princess Tiger Lily in Peter Pan when I was a child! I would neeeeever ever have the guts to actually use the name though!

For a girl my husband and I loved Bristol. But then here comes Sarah Palin with a daughter named Bristol! so everyone was like oooo after Sarah Palin's daughter! So it made us change our minds. And me and my husband are from Alaska. So it makes it worse!!

And for a boy I loved Maverick. But then everyone thinks of a cowboy. haha.

theres a bunch of names i love that OH just doent like.
i love seirra,sariah,blaketin,pierce,ryder,skyler,and the list goes on with any names that start with "ash"

ryder was our name we picked for a boy untill i realized it doesnt go so well with the last name of daily

For a girl my husband and I loved Bristol. But then here comes Sarah Palin with a daughter named Bristol! so everyone was like oooo after Sarah Palin's daughter! So it made us change our minds. And me and my husband are from Alaska. So it makes it worse!!

Bristol is a city in the UK, plus there's a colloquial-ism here for women and their 'Bristols' (breasts!!) :haha: Funny how things are different in different countries!

I love maverick, nothing wrong with that association!

Bristol is a city in the UK, plus there's a colloquial-ism here for women and their 'Bristols' (breasts!!) :haha: Funny how things are different in different countries!

LOL!! Definately not naming her Bristol then! My husband used to live in the UK and LOVED it and wants to go back so bad. And that's the reason why he joined the Air Force so he can go back. So since we may go there I'm def. not naming my daughter Bristol! Lol I don't want her to be known as boobies either!

For years I had the name Lily picked out, way before it became so popular. Kinda sad now every other baby is called it :( Plus my best friends sister just called her baby Lily-Rose so definitely out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->