Names

hans2009

Reaction score
I know it's still early but I have been thinking a lot about names. I have been searching the internet and all I can find are the "top 100 names of this year" and I don't want a super common name. But then I don't want Apple, or Blu, or something completely off the wall!

Anyone have a good source of unique, not too common, but still normal baby names?!!

I notice myself paying more attention to name tags on employees and names in the credits when watching a movie but like I'm going to actually remember any of them!! lol

Ha ha! The ones that become important will stick in your mind! We love Annie and Finley..... X x

It sounds weird but isn't: I really enjoyed the New Age Baby Name Book. It does have some foreign ones, mostly Gaelic, but most are really classical, strong or underused acceptable names. You won't find anything like "Dusky Dream" like I did in my regular baby name book! It also has really fun name-based trivia and statistics and studies. There aren't any names that were just made up by someone wanting to be different.

I'm really struggling for boys names. We were the same last time, only difference is I have boy vibes this time! I just don't get excited by boys names as much as girls!

My son is called Ossian for that very reason. Its uncommon, but seems like a normal name. Next one, I'm at a loss for names at the moment.

My sisters sons name is Cohen! Love it! Different but not too weird! We have two boys also Lane (and get lots of complements on his name) and Luke!!!;)

I have a running list of favourite names on my phone. i always have it with me so no name gets forgotten.

We have our girls name, settled on that in the first few days! No idea on boys names. DH likes modern unusual names, I like traditional names. We have found one or two we both sort of like but nothing like our girls name that we both love!!
We're not going to worry too much until we know the gender, because if its a girl, problem solved!

I took out loads of baby name books from liabery who knew that they done baby books x

it probably sounds really weird but I go through cemetery lists lol

the names we like where all popular/used in the 1850 to 1950s so cemetery's are great for finding classic ones you never thought of, also old census papers and lists of famous people from the time

it probably sounds really weird but I go through cemetery lists lol

the names we like where all popular/used in the 1850 to 1950s so cemetery's are great for finding classic ones you never thought of, also old census papers and lists of famous people from the time

I did the same!!!! Glad I'm not the only slightly creepy one :haha:

I did the film thing too. I checked a lot of books too (author's name) as the ones with boring names often change them to a more unnusual one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->