naming baby something VERY unusual..

It is your choice! Everyone else can think what they want as long as YOU love it you know? My name has become more popular in the last few years but people still say it wrong! Ciarra... as in Sierra. Almost everyone calls me something weird. Chi-are-uh, C-are-uh, clara? How do you get CLARA with no L! My name is said Sea-air-uh.Drives me insane! My married name as well its Weiss. I get white, whee-ss,wise. My son is going to be called Braiden. I got so much crap from my husbands co workers asking if his middle name was to be HAIR since the first part of his name has BRAID in it. Screw the lot of them! Sorry ranting in your area but its more to tell you who cares what people think and while he may have to tell some people how to pronounce it that frustration only lasts a min. lol!

If both you and your OH love the name...then tell everyone else to do one! Your baby your choice!
Its because of family (mainly OH's) reactions and opinions that we haven't shared our name with anyone! There's not an awful lot they can say when LO's here and had the name :flower:

I like it! Don't change it for someone else, it's up to what you and your husband like :) I think it's great to use an unusual name from your husbands background!!!

But I love the name Hayden and I'm dead set on it, and people try and tell me its a girls name. I know it can go both ways but I consider it WAY more boyish.

Hayden was on my boys list, too!! I agree - it definitely sounds boyish to me!

I dont see whats really unusual about a Welsh name?

Our LO is called Dewi, hubby is Welsh but we live in Kent. What we get annoyed at is people mispronouncing it even after you say it too them LOL.

I don't think it's a weird name, I used to know a boy called Iaean when I was younger, he lived on my street. I think the name is fine and there is no way you're being a bad parent by choosing to call him that. At the end of the day, he's your little boy and if you and the hubby are happy with that name, then go ahead :) No one, but you have the right to choose his name.

I had to same problem, but with my LO's middle name- we're calling him Benjamin Ziggy. My dad tried to persaude me to change the middle day, but at the end of the day me and my fella like the name Ziggy and I told my dad straight away that it wasn't going to be changed.

Put your foot down, they can either like it or lump it! :)

im all for cool baby names & i like it....besides its your baby..you name it whatever you want x

Its a lovely name, go with what you guys love thats the thing. Who wants to have the same name as 5 others in their class anyway. I am a teacher and determined my lil man wont be the 2nd, 3rd or 4th one in his class with the same name as him.

xxxx

People need to just shut their faces! We have an unusual name as well, and Ive found that no matter what you are naming baby, someone is going to disagree and have some kind of rude comment. We arent telling anyone the name except for the other kids, until the baby is born. I just dont want to hear it and dont think we should have to justify our babys name, WE made him, We get to name him.
BTW, I think your name is adorable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->