Naming before birth?

Midnight_Fairy

New baby J
Reaction score
Do most people do this? I have always just had a few names I liked and then decide at a few days old?

We had Oscars name picked from about 28 weeks. Jacks name was decided the day before he was born while I was being induced as I wanted a name for him before he arrived!

This time round I can really see us having no name for him :haha:

I prefer to have a nane picked before birth but it's only happened with 3/6 of them.

I have a specific name in mind then name the day after baby is born just to be sure lol same as you

Iv only really had the name chosen with two of mine, with the others I've had 2-3 names and decided when they arrived x

We decided if it was a a girl that I would name her, and if he was a boy then my husband would get to name him. He only had one boy's name that he wanted to use, and we ended up using that one... But when he was born, if I thought that he wasn't right for the name then we would've changed our minds :)

DD was gonna be named Harlee-Quinn right up until we saw her and it just didn't fit. Not sure what we'll do this time

Mine were all named at a few days old. I like to keep people waiting haha. I like to just bond and check the name is correct first. I can not decide on any name at all. ever. xx

We have two girls and two boys names picked out and we aren't pregnant. We had our son and daughters names picked out before we were even married. Its necessary to have them named by the day they are born so that we can fill out the birth certificate in the hospital.

I've always picked out names before they were born. We have been calling this little man by his name since we found out he was a boy. It's helps me to bond with baby and feel more comfortable. But my best friend didn't name her son till he was 4 weeks old. I think it's just what ever you feel happy with.

I felt pressure to name our 1st two before they were born. People seemed to find it strange that we didnt name them as soon as we found out the sex. I found that odd and didnt really want to name them before birth. To be honest its at least a small part of why we are staying team yellow this time because if we don't know we cant pick a name :). As it was we had favorite names but didn't choose it for sure until the day DD was born. DS took us several days to name :). His middle name was spontaneous. OH just thought it suited him when he saw him. We'd never considered it before he was born.

I am hoping to have an idea of names we like. Then sit and chat in the days after birth and decide. Xxx

We have decided before birth both times! Its hard to agree on one name, let alone numerous.

It's nice to have a short list and then see if any of them suit baby when born x

We named both our children before they were born and will again with this one. For me, it seems weird to refer to "the bump" or "the baby", I prefer to call them by their name. Plus that way, we'll have 10 or 20 weeks to change our minds if the name doesn't feel right when we use it.

We have decided before birth all 5 times. This last time though we did change quite late on and still wasn't 100% up until he was born :)

My friend has used the name since 16weeks pregnant on her FB. Its like he is already born. I know its her choice, but its so weird there is no anticipation lol. x

We were team yellow but had a girl name and a boy name picked out before birth. Our girl name we had picked several years before we were even TTC. But if our DD had ended up being a boy I don't think we would have ended up using the boy name we had picked out, because we both admitted after the baby was born that we didn't love the boy name we had picked so we were relieved it was a girl!

3 of my 4 kids have been named before they were born.

For DS1, we had a boy and girl name picked out before we learned he was a boy. And then from the day we found out his gender, he was called Aiden and that was that.

For DD1, we had a shortlist of names that we liked for each gender and then we picked one once we found out she was a girl. Actually, the first name we picked, I started to really go off once we began actually using it. So we changed it around 30 weeks or so to Madalynn and that's what we stuck with.

For DD2, we had two names picked out and I couldn't decide between the two. So she wasn't officially named until she was born. It was actually DS who decided on her name - the older kids knew which names we were considering and DS walked in, said "that's my baby sister Seraphina" and that was it. :haha:

For this LO, OH and I had agreed on names before we found out the gender. Once we found out he was a boy, we started using his name. :)

For me, it's easier to bond once we find out the gender and pick out a name. Also, after the experience with DD1, I like the idea of "trying out" the name before baby is officially born that way I won't find out too late that there's a nickname or something that I hate. I do usually have a back-up list of 2-3 names just in case I think LO doesn't fit their name, but I haven't had to use any of my backups yet. :flower:

We decided before birth both times as we wanted baby to have a name by the time they arrived :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->