Nap time help needed (noisy toddler and baby)

Smanderson

Reaction score
Please help, my 3 month old is struggling to nap through my 3 year olds noise. I ask ds1 to be quiet when he gets too loud but he forgets himself and the volume increases quite quickly. I feel like a broken record asking him to keep the noise down but the result is always a grumpy tired baby and a frustrated toddler. How do I get round this awkward time? I want ds1 to be able to play and ds2 to nap. I know putting ds2 upstairs for naps isn't ok till he's 6 months but I really don't know what to do. Ds1 wants me and/or DH to join in with to quiet activities like colouring in or play doh etc and therefore no longer quiet :dohh:

My lo is 5 months old and my other not so LO is 2.5 . I feel your pain . I love the weekends when oh can take Ds off to do something and baby can sleep in peace for a few hours . During the week I try keep Ds out of the room dd is sleeping in while she is napping and get him up to tue sink in the kitchen to help wash up , ect ..... Then I find a snack ( popcorn a favorite here ) helps !! I also put on background music on youtube in the room dd is sleeping in .. Brahms lullaby is what we play to signal nap time and drown the noise of Ds out . It works !

I put DS2 in his cot to nap upstairs from 4 months, it was the only way he was able to get enough peace to sleep!

Thanks ladies,

Left wonderin great idea keeping him busy in the kitchen with the sink he loves helping and playing with water! Thanks x

Jodilee I think I'll have to do the same if nothing else works x

How about a white noise toy to put in the cot with your baby?

I have a one floor flat and I think if I had an upstairs I would just put baby up there and check frequently. Naps have been a disaster since the baby got a bit bigger, two and a half months now. One is always waking the other. It's a disaster. Maybe get an owlet or snuza if you're worried about baby sleeping alone. (I have a three year old too).

I've put baby upstairs with a monitor sometimes. also use a white noise all the time now. Still doesn't fully help. Also i try to entertain 4 year old in playroom and leave baby in living room and keep checking. But getting out at long nap time help sif walking

Thanks for all your advice ladies, just a quick update, we have had some success with having ds1 in kitchen and ds2 in living room. Who knows how long it will last but so far it's working about 50% of the time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->