Nappies and no instructions....

amy1234

Reaction score
Hi,

I was recommended to ask my question over here rather than third tri (still got 7 weeks to go!) so hopefully someone can help!

I've bought an unused tots bots nappy kit off ebay which contains bamboozle nappies.

The only problem is it didn't come with any instructions and I wondered if anyone can help - basically do I just need to use what looks like the inner nappy, then put a wrap around it and put a paper liner off the roll inside? Are you meant to wash both the wrap and the inner everytime?

Also are the wraps the slightly plastic waterproof looking things? What bits do I put through the washing machine? Do you store them somewhere and do them all at once or should I pre-soak? What sort of washing powder do I use?!

Sorry for all the questions but I can't figure it out from the totsbots website or by looking through the sack and dont want to resort to disposables!!
Cheers,
Amy

Yep you put nappy on with paper liner in it then put the plastic wrap over the top.

You dont need to wash the wrap everytime if its not got poop on hun you can reuse it. The liner you just throw away if its disposable ones.

Not sure about washing the wraps someone else hopefully can answer that I know your not supposed to keep them in your nappy bucket with wet/poopy nappies though. As for detergent for nappies fairy/bold/napisan you can use but dont use fabric conditioner in the wash. Also wash the nappies 3/4 times before you use them for the first time to get their absorbency up :)

Hope this helps xx

I haven't used these specific nappies but i'll give you generic answers for 2 part nappies!

The only problem is it didn't come with any instructions and I wondered if anyone can help - basically do I just need to use what looks like the inner nappy, then put a wrap around it and put a paper liner off the roll inside? Are you meant to wash both the wrap and the inner everytime?

yes the softer part is the nappy, the plasticky bit is the wrap, wrap goes on after the nappy, this is just as you have worked out the wtaerproof part which will stop LO's clothes getting wet.

Also are the wraps the slightly plastic waterproof looking things? What bits do I put through the washing machine? Do you store them somewhere and do them all at once or should I pre-soak? What sort of washing powder do I use?!
they all go throught he washer, don't forget to do the hook and loop fastening up though so they don't get stuck ina big ball! Waterproof wraps shouldn't be soaked or prewashed more than once. The nappies need prewashing as the immersion into liquid helps build up their absorabncy. You don't have to change the wrap everytime you change the nappy, just every 2/3rd change unless soiled. I usually give the inside a little wipe with a washcloth. Use a quarter cup of non bio no softener or soapnuts.

HTH's :flower:

I use these hon, so will try and answer as best as I can:
You will need a disposable paper liner to put inside to catch poo (or if you want to try fleece liners you can cut up a cheap fleece blanket in hourglass shapes).
The main nappy part obviously is washed after each use, but the wrap can be airdried and reused if its not 'dirty'. Neither the nappy or the wrap should be soaked as they both contain elastic and this can degrade, so instead you dry pail (you put them straight into a nappy bucket until washing, and most people add a few drops of essential oil like tea tree in the bucket to keep it smelling fresh).
You can use any washing powder, but only use 1/4 of the normal amount, as a build up of detergent makes them smell and can contribute to nappy rash. The only fabric softener you can use is clay based, as the oil based ones clogs up the nappies and reduce their absorbancy. As far as I know Bold 2in1 is the only clay based one in uk.

Before you use the nappies for the first time you need to prewash/soak the nappies (not the wraps) . This will make them more absorbant. About 3 -4 washes will be a good start, and they'll continue to build up their absorbancy as you use them.

The wrap (plasticy thing!) that comes with the day pack is pretty rubbish IMO and I quickly replaced it with motherease wraps (airflow, thats the ones with poppers) which are much better.
I have a spare day pack of 5 brand new size 1 bamboozles if you really like them, I got them on sale at babies R us when they were closing for refurbishment, I can't resist a bargain and they were only £20 (down from £50), so if you want them let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->