Nappies are constantly leaking!

Lollipopbop

Reaction score
Just as the title says really, every morning when I get LO from
His cot, he's completely soaked through his nappy, pjs and sleeping bag. We use little angels 4+ and he's 22 pounds. They are great nappies in the day but he ALWAYS leaks through at night! We've tried pampers baby dry, simply dry and little angels night and day nappies. It doesn't seem to bother him but its not nice at all and I'm having to wash his bedding every day. What is going on??:shrug:

Sounds like my LO!! I have the same issue, every time he wakes he is soaked. Can you go up a size? We've used Pampers and Luvs, Luvs is the worst. I think the older they get the more they pee and pee and pee!!

Same as my LO.. I tried going up a size some times i guess that works???? didn't with my LO.

I'm using pampers over night diapers right now and it works soo much better we use baby dry during the day I want to try the Huggies over night diapers i guess there good I'm trying them next.

Get the Huggies Overnight diapers. They hold really well and are designed for over night absorption. I have never had a leak with them. I also have begun using Pamper Cruisers and my son never leaks through those either at night. :thumbup:

We use Huggies Overnites with a full Flip cloth diaper over them. Most of the time the Huggies diaper is enough, but we've had a couple leaks with those. The hybrid system has worked well for us so far.

We went through that stage. I used a waterproof pant over the top of the nappy and akso if your lo wears a vest dont do the poppers up underneath as it puts pressure on the nappy.
My lo just stopped leaking after a while for some reason.
Oh also dont give any drinks after tea time?

His cot, he's completely soaked through his nappy, pjs and sleeping bag. We use little angels 4+ and he's 22 pounds. They are great nappies in the day but he ALWAYS leaks through at night! We've tried pampers baby dry, simply dry and little angels night and day nappies. It doesn't seem to bother him but its not nice at all and I'm having to wash his bedding every day. What is going on??:shrug:

*shrug* Why not just change them before they leak?

We always used a size up in the night and made sure it was a stay dry rather than an active type nappy. We only encountered an issue recently now that DD wees so much in the day that even 6's don't last! We pack her off at night with the most giant cloth nappy ever. This always served us well with DS too until we switched to cloth for him too.

Because if he's sleeping through the night then she might not have chance to change him? Better (in my opinion) to wait for him to wake of his own accord between sleep cycles than to set an alarm and wake him and disrupt sleep. It's like how adults often feel more tired when their alarm wakes them as you might be in a deep sleep when you get woken.

Robyn went through a phase of leaking because the legs were gaping during the night, combined with side sleeping, sometimes she would leak with her first wee of the night. I made a few adjustments to the way I fastened her night nappy and that has helped immensely.

Your seriously on this again ??? Maybe because her baby is sttn. Your some quick judge aren't you.

Oh, to make night time changes easier, I have a waterproof mat on Robyn's bed. If she leaks, then I can just place a square terry nappy over the damp patch (her bed's never that wet as she wears a sleeping bag that soaks a lot up) and change her bed in the morning. If your Lo's bed gets very wet then maybe you could leave a terry down to soak it up, then you just have to change that.

Because her child most likely sleeps through the night and it makes no sense to wake a perfectly cozy baby up to change their diaper if you can find an appropriate diaper to hold them through the night. Not all brands are created equal - she just needs to find the right brand for her LO that will be able to hold without leaking. If she woke her LO up it would only create more problems for her.

Thanks so much for the replies every one! I think I'm going to give Huggies a go at night and see how they work out. We can't really go up a size as he's in 4+ which are 22-40 pounds I think and like others have said my LO is sttn and I'd feel pretty mean waking him up, especially atm when he hates getting changed haha. Great idea with the waterproof sheer too x

Thanks so much for the replies every one! I think I'm going to give Huggies a go at night and see how they work out. We can't really go up a size as he's in 4+ which are 22-40 pounds I think and like others have said my LO is sttn and I'd feel pretty mean waking him up, especially atm when he hates getting changed haha. Great idea with the waterproof sheer too x

I'm assuming you're in the UK because you use Little Angels (am in my phone so can't see)...in which case, Huggies nappies are being discontinued here. Wouldn't want you to find one that works only to not be able to get them in a few weeks/months time! I use cloth, so I don't think I'm much help other than to give you the heads up about Huggies. Waterproof pants/cloth nappy wrap would probably be my suggestion too if you can't find a brand that contains everything though!

I think you just need to find a brand that works for your lo. Im trying out a few at the mo. I have boots ana aldi's mamia, the aldi ones always seem to leave lo quite wet on the skin, after hearing everybody rave about them I have been left quite disappointed. The boots ones are pretty good. I use them at night, my son had pampers simply and they were brill, but they just leak poop with dd!
xxx

My little one always leaked threw Huggies, only a few occassions when shes leaked threw the night. I use Pampers and Little Angels :)

Which little angels are you using hun? We use the active fit (purple pack) through the day and comfort dry (green pack) at night. LO pees a LOT and we've never had a leak. I dont think the active fit can absorb quite as much so are no good at night. My DD is almost 11 months, about 23lbs and is still in 4+ xx

I never have but it was suggested to me to put normal nappy on and a pull up over the top

Pampers baby dry work well for our LO.

DH accidentally picked up pampers simply dry a few months ago and he leaked three nights in a row so we used them in the day until they ran out.

I wouldn't worry to much about the weight guidelines on the pack. If your lo needs more absorbency then it may be the way to go. Dd is only 23lb and she's in 6s, only leak when they're full. You just have to make sure the legs aren't gaping. When ds uses disposables he's in 4+ and he's only 18lb now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->