Nappies are constantly leaking!

Huggies Overnights. Life Changing! I'm telling you, they work better than any other overnight diaper.

Just as the title says really, every morning when I get LO from
His cot, he's completely soaked through his nappy, pjs and sleeping bag. We use little angels 4+ and he's 22 pounds. They are great nappies in the day but he ALWAYS leaks through at night! We've tried pampers baby dry, simply dry and little angels night and day nappies. It doesn't seem to bother him but its not nice at all and I'm having to wash his bedding every day. What is going on??:shrug:

*shrug* Why not just change them before they leak?

Would you really set your alarm for the middle of the night to change the diaper of a baby that's sleeping through?

Just a different viewpoint but are you putting lots of barrier cream on before bed? (like sudocrem) I once did this and my LO leaked out of a nappy,through pjs and onto sleeping bag. It is why they say to put on a thin layer as it stops the nappy from absorbing liquid.

His cot, he's completely soaked through his nappy, pjs and sleeping bag. We use little angels 4+ and he's 22 pounds. They are great nappies in the day but he ALWAYS leaks through at night! We've tried pampers baby dry, simply dry and little angels night and day nappies. It doesn't seem to bother him but its not nice at all and I'm having to wash his bedding every day. What is going on??:shrug:

Your seriously on this again ??? Maybe because her baby is sttn. Your some quick judge aren't you.

Geez people, it seems like a simple solution to me. Diaper leaks so you change it... I'm not suggesting that you co sleep so you can change every diaper or catch every pee before it hits the diaper. I'm simply suggesting a logical solution to a simple problem...

Would you really set your alarm for the middle of the night to change the diaper of a baby that's sleeping through?

I highly doubt the baby is REALLY sleeping through. Most likely the baby is just easily self-settling. But do you really want to change the sheets every day? And what about diaper rash and other related problems?

Edit: and if you really want to know my personal answer, I do co-sleep which means I can tell when she pees because babies do wake up to pee. She squirms before settling back down. If she hasn't peed and doesn't need to, she settles much quicker. I do my best to change her as soon as possible although there are times I'm too tired so I end up missing and changing her the next time she pees or the next time I wake up (whichever comes first). In addition, we practice EC and if I can get her on the potty before she pees, I do so. So no I would not set an alarm. I would simply take care of it when I need to. If I didn't sleep with my baby, however, I'd rather set an alarm and keep my baby (relatively) dry than let her sit in a puddle of piddle (couldn't resist the alliteration and rhyming). Sure we have different solutions and the parent who started this thread is clearly looking for a solution, but changing the baby would be the simple solution I would opt for.

Which little angels are you using hun? We use the active fit (purple pack) through the day and comfort dry (green pack) at night. LO pees a LOT and we've never had a leak. I dont think the active fit can absorb quite as much so are no good at night. My DD is almost 11 months, about 23lbs and is still in 4+ xx

We use the same as you. Purple in the day and green at night. Every one had raved about little angels so I was quite shocked when they didn't work for us. The day time ones are still great for my LO one though x

I highly doubt the baby is REALLY sleeping through. Most likely the baby is just easily self-settling. But do you really want to change the sheets every day? And what about diaper rash and other related problems?

Edit: and if you really want to know my personal answer, I do co-sleep which means I can tell when she pees because babies do wake up to pee. She squirms before settling back down. If she hasn't peed and doesn't need to, she settles much quicker. I do my best to change her as soon as possible although there are times I'm too tired so I end up missing and changing her the next time she pees or the next time I wake up (whichever comes first). In addition, we practice EC and if I can get her on the potty before she pees, I do so. So no I would not set an alarm. I would simply take care of it when I need to. If I didn't sleep with my baby, however, I'd rather set an alarm and keep my baby (relatively) dry than let her sit in a puddle of piddle (couldn't resist the alliteration and rhyming). Sure we have different solutions and the parent who started this thread is clearly looking for a solution, but changing the baby would be the simple solution I would opt for.

My LO does sttn and we don't co sleep so our situation is quite different from yours. Waking my LO every night to change his nappy isn't a simple solution as I don't want to break his sleeping pattern or upset him when he's happily sleeping. Not all babies who sttn wake up with a leaking nappy and they don't all get changed in the night so I know that the problem is the nappy so thanks to every one for the nappy suggestions :thumbup:

Thanks so much for the replies every one! I think I'm going to give Huggies a go at night and see how they work out. We can't really go up a size as he's in 4+ which are 22-40 pounds I think and like others have said my LO is sttn and I'd feel pretty mean waking him up, especially atm when he hates getting changed haha. Great idea with the waterproof sheer too x

I'm assuming you're in the UK because you use Little Angels (am in my phone so can't see)...in which case, Huggies nappies are being discontinued here. Wouldn't want you to find one that works only to not be able to get them in a few weeks/months time! I use cloth, so I don't think I'm much help other than to give you the heads up about Huggies. Waterproof pants/cloth nappy wrap would probably be my suggestion too if you can't find a brand that contains everything though!

I can't believe huggies are being discontinued! Thanks for the heads up x

Just a different viewpoint but are you putting lots of barrier cream on before bed? (like sudocrem) I once did this and my LO leaked out of a nappy,through pjs and onto sleeping bag. It is why they say to put on a thin layer as it stops the nappy from absorbing liquid.

Never thought of that! I'll give it a go :thumbup:

I used Tesco nappies at night, they are the only ones that don't leak with LO, she sleeps from 7pm till 9am and is always dry with these ones. I can't remember what they are called but they are in a green pack and it says day and night on the front with a picture of a moon.

Thanks for your response - I was truly curious. Babies and adults really don't sleep through the night - we all wake, but self-settle. If her baby is waking and settling, I doubt the diaper is bothering him. Wet diapers are more bothersome to some babies than others. My LO hasn't really ever cared.

Thanks for explaining your personal situation. It's very different than my own, so I can see where you're coming from!

I do highly recommend Huggies Overnight diapers, though, if you're using disposables. They're seriously wonderful and might save you and the OP some sleep. We haven't had a leak yet!

Have you tried Just 4 Bums from Kiddicare? They do come in large bulk packs, but you can send back any un-opened bags (there are 4 bags per box) so it might be worth a try. We use them at night. Or how about putting on two nappies? Not sure if that actually works, but just a thought?

i always found as soon as they start leaking thru their diapers to up the size. i dont really go by the weight limit on the box as babies have different bodies. my babies tend to have bigger thighs and bums and bellies so they need to be in bigger sizes then it says on the box. if not then they get diaper wedgies!:)

Thanks for your response - I was truly curious. Babies and adults really don't sleep through the night - we all wake, but self-settle. If her baby is waking and settling, I doubt the diaper is bothering him. Wet diapers are more bothersome to some babies than others. My LO hasn't really ever cared.

Thanks for explaining your personal situation. It's very different than my own, so I can see where you're coming from!

I do highly recommend Huggies Overnight diapers, though, if you're using disposables. They're seriously wonderful and might save you and the OP some sleep. We haven't had a leak yet!

Thank you for having a respectful response to my answer. I was a bit bitter when writing it because it seems that everyone has these strong reactions to my way of doing things. I appreciate your response and respect your choice of how to deal with night time elimination. At this stage, changing diapers at night isn't a big deal for me and I use the same diapers at night that I do during the day. And as for Violet's sleep, it hardly disturbs it anyway. For the most part, it merely delays the settling process for the short time it takes to change a diaper.

I'd go up a size, my lo is 24lb and in the green little angels size 5 at night. Mostly they're ok but she won't drink milk in the day just has 9oz before bed so she wee's lots at night. Recently she's had a cup of water in her cot too (she's a thirsty baby) so a few times her nappy has leaked, I'll have to get size 6 next time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->