nappies + babywearing - your recommendations

Fly

newly knocked up with #2!
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm newly pregnant with my second child - my first is now five years old. I used an Ellaroo wrap with her, and bumbles nappies from birth to potty - although I sold all my supplies as at the time, I didn't think I'd be having another!!

I think in the past five years or so there's been loads of developments and new products available. I know I want a sling - I know I can handle a wrap, but I'm wondering what other options there are available. Breastfeeding handsfree is important, and the ellaroo was brilliant for that.

Nappies - I wouldn't mind recommendations for birth to potty - although I'm looking for economical options for the initial outlay as this child will almost certainly be my last. I'm considering terries - not used these before. Used nature babies wraps previously - anyone used these wraps with terries?

I think that's all. Give me your links and recommendations!!

Fly

hello? anyone there?

I use Mother-ease Sandy's diapers which I love love love!

I also have a ring sling (great for bf), a mai tei and a woven wrap. Love them all for different reasons and use them for different things.

I've never used a mai tai before, but I like the look of them. Can you tell me how you use the mei tai differently to the woven wrap? I used the woven wrap until around 9 months, but could never do back carries so switched to an aluminium frame carrier after that.

I was a bit overwhelmed with the woven wrap so the Mai tai is a nice place to start. You can do a front carry and back carry in the Mai tai. It's a bit easier (I find) to get the back carry right in the Mai tai then the woven, but it's about practice and the learning curve.

If you are already very comfortable with the woven then the Mai tai might be a waste of money for you.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Mother-ease also has a one-size but I haven't tried them. I'm not crazy about the bulk of the one-size on smaller babies.

I have a Mei Tai and a ring sling. I love them both, but don't breastfeed, so can't help on that one. The Mei Tai is fab, I use it all the time :D.

I use BumGenius AIO Organic nappies, they are BTP and I love them. They are between £15-£17 each though, so unless you were to buy pre-loved they are fairly expensive. Also if you don't tumble dry can take a while to dry.

I have used terries on the odd occasion, but with Little Lamb wraps. If I were looking start out cheaply I would probably buy a load of pre-loved nappies. There is a swap and sell thread at the top of here, or you can use website like www.usednappies.co.uk . There are a few others too.

Sorry I can't be of much help! :)

I use Pop Ins at night time, very absorbant. Also BTP.

Yes - I had a small baby and we couldn't use the bumbles on her until she was around 6 weeks old - until then we used muslin squares with nature babies wraps and that worked fine. The thing I didn't like about the bumbles was having to put your hand inside the wet or soiled nappy to pull out the booster... never got used to that, when I got used to all the other iky things that new borns bring with them!

I'm definatley going to get another woven wrap - the amount of material didn't faze me at all, and I really liked the way you could pull the shoulder straps over the baby's face for private and distraction free on the go breastfeeding.

Are there other woven wraps apart from the ellaroo? I remember it being a bit pricey for what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->