nappies...

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
nappy types!! what kind do you use :D and why :D

i use pampers active fit for both as huggies leaves those jelly crystal things, i did use te tesco ones for a bit but then chloe leaked thro them and cloth i would love to use but i know there hard work!!!lol

Cloth now, did use papmer but love my Clothies now

Kina andd Beanie bullied me into it!! :wink:

No really i read what they had to say on cloth nappies and it made loads of sense

I am saving around £40 a month using cloth ( well i would be if i didn't keep buying from Weenotions :oops: )

I also use re usable wipes with a solution that Kina suggested

Jack has not had even the littleste bit of red on his bum since i swapped over

My only regret is that i didn't use them from birth

Pampers
Huggies always leaked like hell and I dont have a tumple dryer so didnt want cloth nappies constantly hanging up drying everywhere. Plus the nappy washing servise in my area costs more than buying disposables.

i use huggies, i did use pampers then they started leaking when they changed them and since then used huggies

Def Pampers! i find huggies swell up really quickly and have those crystal things in them! plus they always leak so pampers baby dry are the ones for me! plus they are even more better now they have stretchy sides !!

I have found from talking to people in the past that people with girls get on better with Huggies and oys get on better with Pampers. Cause they use different parts of the nappy. With Noah I find the front (which boys use the most) swells up really quick like a huge codpiece and then leaks out the legs or top, whislt remaining dry at the back. Where as Pampers seem better at absorbing the wee evenly at the front.

We're cloth bums here - I changed at 4 months and wish I'd done it from birth (particularly now with another on the way!). I love picking her nappy out for each change :)

Kina i thought it was just mee that took ages picking
a nappy and a wrap :D
Oh thinks i am mental

Just waiting for my next one from Weenotions :D

I love Wee Notions nappies, I'm waiting to find out the sex then I will be buying some Weeny Wonders :oops: :lol:

i use huggies diapers, i've never had a problem with them :D. used pampers for a little while, but didn't like them half as much. plus the scent on some of the pampers ones irritated alexis, so i didn't want to use them. store brand ones i've used once in awhile, mostly when my OH buys the diapers, he thinks why spend more when you can spend less :? i'm still trying to teach him that some things its better to buy the better kind. the store brand ones all worked not very good, either leaked or the taggy thing ripped off. haven't used cloth, i don't have a washer and dryer here, and i don't think the laundry mat would appreciate poopy diapers in their machines :shock: lmao

i used pampers at newborn as they were good at stopping leaks , but i now use tescos own brand ewan is in the junior size 5 as the size 4 always seemsed to get over full at night!

I wanted to get a bamino mio pack when Ewan was born, but My hubbies granny bought us about 6 packs of terries nappies, i tried different folds on ewan as a new born but they were just toooo huge!! but i tried when he was about 3-4 months and i just found them a complete faff!! by the time id got them under Ewans bum he had kicked them out of shape, i found nappy nippas which are great.

i've got a couple of wraps but i was using them to cover over the terries as the plastic pants made him sweat.

Maybe with the next one i'l try again.

Iwantone!!! said:
PAMPERS ALL the WAY

How would you know? lol I dont like the new stretchy sides on the pampers and Huggies are like cardboard now for some reasaon, so I dont like either, but I just buy whatever is cheapest really.

Huggies for me...tried pampers once and they constantly leaked and Nathan always felt damp. Wouldnt swap from huggies now :D

Pampers active fit for the day and Baby Dry at night. During the summer time we used Pamers Easy up for the garden.

i use huggies. i used the newborn pampers ones, thought they were great at first but found that they leaked more the bigger the sizes went up (if that makes sense?) so now i use huggies

Clothbum as well. So easy to use, only one extra load a week, no chemicals, cheaper, looks far nicer and gives a baby a fab cloth bum :D

As with Kina/Jo my only regret is not being 100% cloth from birth. We are now though, and I love it. :)

It IS harder work in the very begining Yvanne, whilst you're trying out new things and getting it to work for you.

Now we've found the right nappies for Stanley (who pees like a carthorse! :D ) it couldn't be better.

No sure about it being a cheaper option though. I'm sure it can be, but my nappy buying fixation has replaced my shoe buying one :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->