napping! 4 month old

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by buttonnose82, Jan 26, 2011.

1. buttonnose82

buttonnose82 Wife & Mummy

my little man is almost 4 months old but I can only get him to nap for 45 mins at a time! will this ever change!!!

2. New Mrs W

New Mrs W Frankie and Mickey's Mama

Frankie will nap for longer if he's on me. For example right now, all my jobs are done and I could see him getting tired and so I have him cuddled up on my chest while I watch Escape to the Country! I imagine he'll be out of it now until about 4pm (1.25 hours after he fell asleep). Or if we're out in the pram. Otherwise yes, it's about 30-45 mins for us too!!

3. girlsmooch

girlsmooch new mum of 1

my lo was like that. i started putting him down in his cot just before xmas. when he stirred after 45 min i went in asap put his dummy back in or patted/shhhhd and gave him his muslin back him before he properly woke up. at the start he'd go back to sleep maybe half the time others i'd have to get him up and he might've finished his nap on me or not.

now he sleeps for a least an hour and more often 2 and is happier for it. it has to be in his cot though if its on me/pram etc he'll only have a cat nap. hth

4. kirstylm

kirstylm Well-Known Member

Eva is a cat napper but from time to time she will have longer. Just have to go with it hun

5. icy1975

icy1975 Lucy's mummy, aka Sarah

Lucy is exactly the same, if she goes to sleep on her play mat she'll only sleep for half an hour or so, but right now she's fallen asleep on me (she's not feeling very well) and will probably sleep for a good hour or so, and again in her pram if we're moving she'll sleep for hours at a time

6. aob1013

aob1013 Guest

Leni is just the same :roll:

7. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Ruby was the same at aruond 6 months, I just let her go back to sleep on me and she often slept for another hour.

8. buttonnose82

buttonnose82 Wife & Mummy

glad my little man isn't the only one, I have read all kinds and they all say that at his age he should be having 2 napes of 2 - 3 hours a day lol

fingers crossed I start too get at least one nap of 2 - 3 hours a day out of him soon, I never have chance too get much done in 45 mins here & 45 mins there lol

9. bolton_smiler

bolton_smiler Well-Known Member

My lo sleeps 7pm till 7am then 45min nap about 9am then about 1hr at 12ish if in pram moving a few hours then another 45min around 4pm then fast asllep between 7pm and 7.30 x they do say 3naps at this age but I just read the signs, some days maybe less, somedays maybe more

10. choc

choc Well-Known Member

My LO always wakes after 45 mins, he either cries and I have to give him his dummy, sometimes this can go on for 20 mins or so before he drops back off or he wakes happy and cooing and talking (I hear him on the monitor!). I know he is still tired though so I leave him then after 20 mins or so he whines for the dummy, I pop it in and he drifts off again. So he does get about 2 hours but has a break in the middle!