Nappy Covers for disposables..

Kota

Mum and Preg!
Reaction score
Firstly let me start off by saying that I do want to get onto cloth nappies, and once we're back in Australia will be starting them then. I just don't have the room in our tiny flat for soaking and drying and then having to pack everything in suitcases to go back when theres luggage weight restrictions. :nope:

However I do absolutely LOVE some of the nappy covers I've seen and was wondering if you can get ones in the funky designs or the fluffy bums that work as covers over disposables for the time being.... and evenn possibly work as covers for disposables but then also cloth nappies as well for when I do change over??

cheers.

You could possibly use cloth nappy wraps over disposables?
Btw you don't have to soak, many of us don't

You could possibly use cloth nappy wraps over disposables?
Btw you don't have to soak, many of us don't

you don't? I guess I just figured you would have to?

so cloth nappy wraps then? might have to go have a look on ebay:haha:

Must be reasonably common. I bought a Butterick pattern for some other baby clothing and it came with a pattern for nappy covers.

Bummis make good covers in some lovely designs. We tried them last weekend and no leaks whatsoever!

I've definitely heard of people using wraps over disposables though I've never seen anybody do it. If you're looking to move to cloth later, I'd probably choose wraps that you know will work with the nappies you want to use later.

Just so you know though, it depends what nappies you use as to how big/heavy they are. I used to use pockets which I found took up quite a lot of room, but now the ones I use (Flips) take up hardly any room whatsoever and are really light. My full stash would fit in an average sized changing bag with room to spare, and I only wash every third day so I have enough nappies for three days. I live in a tiny one bedroom flat too :)

ive done it a few times i must say, i make fleece wraps which go nice over fitteds and disposables aswell cos they are stretchy, you can get them almost anywhere and are usually cheap aswell and cute patterns :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->