Nappy rash

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
For the past 2 days, Aisling has had her first real bout of nappy rash and it's horrible :cry: She's been pooing during the night and it doesn't bother her enough to wake her up until she's obviously in pain and the damage is done. Now her bum has weeping sores so I can't even really put sudocrem or bebantham on her as it's too wet for creams to stick to.

I was going to try some nappy free time later (any advice to contain wees would be welcome, it's a rented house! :lol:) and I was going to put the nappy on her looser than usual. Any other ideas?

loads of no nappy time and some ebm on it...if its really bad you might wana consider seeing a HV..they might prescribe some Metanium...that will get rid of it within a day at most!!

Aimees not had this problem yet, but i remember on my other 2 i would leave them all day without a nappy to dry it out, throw a big blanket or duvet cover down if your worried about carpets (i have laminate)

steph at cnt said this in another thread
Wet healing works wonders for this kind of soreness... Soak a fleece liner in cold cammomile tea and place it wet into a fitted nappy (works best overnight)...

Remove ALL microfibre from your nappies until completely healed and stick to fitteds and wool if you can instead of pockets as this is more breathable.

Also cammomile tea baths

if you use sudocreme use it sparingly, otherwise it stops the air getting to it

I like bepantham for clearing up NR. I put Noah on a blanket with old towels under it. I have thought about getting one of those waterproof mucky mats and popping a blanket for comfort on top.

If you do have any we accidents there is some stuff for cleaning pet accidents up called woopsie and it gets rid of smells really well (we rent too!)

I was going to suggest chamomile tea too. That and loooads of nappy free time (I put a big blanket down to protect my cream carpet!)

Yeah what the others have said :)

Freya has only had nappy rash when she was poorly with diarrhoea, we did as much no nappy time as we could manage and used chamomile tea on her bum and in the bath.

After trying metanium and bepanthen, sudocrem still worked the best for us, but if you are going to use it only use a really really thin layer, so you can't even see it and don't let it touch your nappies!

Just been to the doc about something else so mentioned the nappy rash and she seemed to think it was thrust because she hasn't had it before and it's so bad now so she gave me some thrush ointment :shrug: I think I'll give the chamomile tea and nappy free time a go today instead and see where we are tomorrow. Thanks ladies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->