Nappy Rash!

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
how do your LO's fair with reusables? I have spent like 200 quid to complete my stash as I had a bit saved up and loved my trials but just wandered about nappy rash - I dont no what id do if he got a rash. he hasnt had anything while using sposies. My sister seems to think cloth can cause nappy rash - is this true?

Put a right dampner on my day :(

It's usually the complete opposite actually sweetie :)
so long as you don't use too much detergent, and I'd recommend you use a fleece liner, and ensure you don't leave lo with a soggy bum, you should be fine.
I find the chemicals in 'sposies can cause a rash....

You've even less chance if u use re-usable wipes, too :) xxxx

^^WSS

but babies do tend to get a rash when they start teething, due to the acidity of their urine but this does clear up easily as the nappies are more breathable.

^^^^wts^^
Nappy rash is really quite common when they're teething or they have a cold. It clears up really easily and as long as you use a fleece liner you can put bepanthen or sudocrem on and completely wipe off the wee when you change the nappy.

My LO was put in a sposie by nursery cos he'd run out of re-useables and he came home with a red, swollen and irritated bottom and he has screamed for changes :cry: since he has been back in his re-useable it has started to improve (along with loads of nakee time)

We've just got through a period of major nappy rash and had to revert to sposies sometimes because they were the only think not making him rashy. He is happily back full time in cloth again :) and in the end I think teething was the fault. He's obviously still teething on/off but I think his wee was just making him red raw (no matter how often I changed him) and sposies locked the wee away so well. It is worth checking it's not your detergent making him sore, I was using Tots Bots Potion and I don't think that was helping matters.

We used 'sposies on Travis for the 1st couple of days & he had little red spots and pimples on his bottom. After 1 day in cloth, they had all completely disappeared!

Same as others, Alice has only had a rash when in disposables.

Izzy doesn't get rash with cloth - she always had a pink bum in sposies though!

I think so long as they are clean ( i use soapnuts) and you don't use bum cream too much (I use a tiny tiny bit just up the middle where her skin touches itself) then they are fine.

My mum changed Izzys bum twice on holiday - after the 1st time she had a VERY red bum and I didn't understand why ...the next time my mum did it I saw why!! She was plastering sudocream on like frikin mayonnaise on a butty...all over her bum cheeks and everywhere - I have told her not to do this...and it must have been why Izzy got a red bum the time before! She just doesnt understand that barrier cream when it transfers to the nappy means that the wee ends up on the skin :dohh:

My mum said this when I first mentioned about going into cloth, but that was because she was still very much in the mindset of Terry nappies being the only reusables, so she was used to those, with the rubber pants, which apparently used to sometimes result in quite nasty nappy rash.

As some of the others said, her nappy rash is much better in cloth than it was in sposies. We still get the odd bout of it (generally if she's gone too long without being changed :dohh:), but on the whole, cloth is much better for us.

Don't worry; I'm sure it'll be fine! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->