nappys last 12 hours

pinktaffy

Reaction score
ok so i was talking to this girl i went to school with the other day (she has a baby same age as mine) and i said to her oh i will just go pop the changing rooms my lo has a full nappy, and she said has she pooed i said no she said why change it then nappys last 12 hours ur only ment to use 2 in 24 hours at this age unless they poo:wacko:.

then she went on to say a pack of 32 nappys last her over 2 weeks i go through a pack every 5 days.

is it commen to leave a nappy on 12 hours during the day am i just being silly or is this quite gross and crual like i think it is?

Where did she get that idea from??? Random......
I guess it's personal preference. But Ben has his nappy changed at least 4 times in the day, more if he's pooed.
I wouldn't wake him in the night to change him. But who would unless theyve pooed??

I guess it's personal preference. But Ben has his nappy changed at least 4 times in the day, more if he's pooed.
I wouldn't wake him in the night to change him. But who would unless theyve pooed??

oh i think its fine during the night i dont change her all night. but during the day i think it seems abit meen just letting them sit in there own wee all day just seems wrong to me:shrug:

oh i think its fine during the night i dont change her all night. but during the day i think it seems abit meen just letting them sit in there own wee all day just seems wrong to me:shrug:

I agree, it does seem a bit mean. Funny how different people have different ideas!

From my knowledge.. i change amelia at 7 then at 12 then at 3 then 6.. so i use 4 a day on average unless she poo's then its more :hugs: x

I know someone like this. She will only change her LO if he has poo'd (and I have been there before when she keeps saying 'I need to change him, he is pooey' and then leaves him in a poo filled nappy for over an hour!!
I can only imagine the nappy rash on his poor bum.

I use cloth nappies, so I change them every 3 - 4 hours during the day.
At night, I won't change him unless he has had a poo, or he wakes up.

We use cloth so change every few hours during the day, but I can see where she got the idea considering that some nappies (Pampers I think) say they can last 12 hours. The thought grosses me out to be honest and while I can see it during the night when they're asleep and peeing less anyway, the thought of them running around with gross squishy nappies full of pee all day is disgusting.

In my opinion I think it's cruel to leave them in a diaper for that long during the day. My LO is changed 4-6 times a day. If he poops, then it's more. I know diapers are expensive, but I wouldn't want to sit in my own pee for 12 hours at a time. I know they do at night, but thats different. At night they are sleeping and not as active.

:wacko: :dohh:

that's how they get sore bums!

children run around and sit on their bums during
the day if you leave them sitting in wee for that
long they'd have a really bad nappy rash :(

when emily was in nappies i changed her
every 3-4 hours during the day unless she'd
pood or it was full after a few hours

now she's only in a nappy at night i only have
to change her once during the night when she
comes into our bed, if she slept through
i wouldn't change her until morning but then she's
not sitting in it rubbing wee into her bum!

:flower:

Andrew gets through 4 nappies a day: 7am, 11am, 3pm, then 7pm for bed.

When Daddy is looking after him, I suspect he drops one of those changes so it becomes 7am, 1pm, 7pm. But Daddy also changes him the minute a pooh is smelt, so sometimes he gets through 8 nappies in a day!

I change when the diaper is full and you can't tell me that her child doesn't fill more than one diaper in twelve hour period if he/she is drinking and eating the way a child should. I pack 6 diapers for a day at Grandma's and usually return home with 2 so my one year old goes through 4 diapers during awake hours, this includes poos. I only change him at night if he wakes and it's full.

thats awful!
my son does alot of wees so sometimes he gets changed every 2 hours(maybe more or less) he was at nursery for 4 hours and they changed him once and that nappy was full to bursting.

nappies should last 12 hours at night as baby if sleeping thru doesnt wee as much at night as during the day.

ur friends poor baby must be so sore not to mention smelly :(

i dont change LO at night so guess in some cases its longer than 12 hours, but during the day he is changed if he is wet or pooy. he tends to tell me when he has had a wee so i just change it.

The very least amount of nappies Ihsan will use in a day is 3.

i would be concerned that in the future it might put her and her LO at a disadvantage to potty training as LO will not really understand the different between being wet and dry.

My son used to go through 3 nappies in a day (+1 for night time). They get really heavy and uncomfortable :( poor thing

i cant imagin leaving my son in his nappy for 12 hour in the day!! i mean for one it would leak anyway, he would get sore and who would want to sit in their pee all day? not to mention the smell.

i guess her LO isn't a heavy wetter, morgan drinks a lot of water so she wets a lot i change her every 3hours sometimes more and i change her every time she poos
morgan wakes around 6am and goes to bed around 7ish so i can't imagine only changing her at lunch time she would be soaking

We change Harry's nappy every 2-3 hours, and immediately when he's poo'd. I've never heard of someone leaving a child in a nappy for 12 hours?!

I think the longest DS has gone between changes is about 6 hours, but more often than that he is changed every 4 hours minimum. Today was a 6 hour day, in fact, because he was changed before his nap at half-eleven, and didn't need a change again until around half-five. He was pretty much dry after his nap and that was about quarter past two and then we left the house shortly after that. I checked regularly as he hadn't done a poo, and finally decided before 6 to change him simply because he had been in his nappy for a while.

For DS, he is quite sensitive to poo and as soon as we have a whiff (which is soon after he does one) we change him straightaway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->