nappys last 12 hours

My SIL is like this, she doesn't often change her girls' nappies unless they have done a poo. The last time that she was visiting, one of the girls' nappies leaked onto her clothes because she was so wet. So then she changed both girls. I don't agree with it personally and I change Thomas if I know his nappy is wet, I'd never leave him until his nappy was leaking. However, I have to say that the girls never have nappy rash and I'm sure if they did then SIL would change them more frequently. Still, it can't be nice walking round all day in a really heavy sopping nappy!

Tom isn't a heavy wetter during the day so generally I only change him 1st thing then 9amish and 2pmish (because that's when he's normally weed - little man of habit already!) but that's still at least 3 nappies during the day plus any as soon as he poos.

I can't imagine just leaving them sitting in a soggy nappy all day...it would smell and surely they'd get sore if you did it all the time. Obviously they're not moving around much at night for the wet nappy to rub.

Ruby hates having her nappy changed so I don't do it for the sake of it, but generally 6 hours is the max, when we're out or something.

We change Daisy every 4 hours during the day unless she's pooed. She has the same nappy on all night unless she's pooed.

Anna is in a nappy easily for 12/13 hours but thats just overnight.

During the day she can be changed ever 4-6 hrs depending on what our plans are/where we are/if she poos etc:flower:

I use cloth but even when I do use sposies on holiday I could never leave her in one for 12 hours. That's just mean IMO, they sit in their own wee all this time, plus I found even sposies don't last that long during the day on my heavy wetter. I actually had sposies leak wee because they were full after only 4 - 5 hours. so if your LO drinks loads they don't last 12 hours anyway.

I change Joe's nappy every 3 hours or so, unless he's poo'ed, sometimes more, he seems to fill nappies very quickly as he drinks like a fish!

The huggies ones we use say they last 12 hours, but even overnight they are full when he wakes up!!

Mine stay in one nappy over night, but they are pretty dry in the day, usually have about 2 or 3 nappy changes. Harriet sometimes stays in a nappy longer because she's doing less wee's so maybe like 2 wees a day :rofl:

Definitely the over night one for 12 hours - but never in the daytime :wacko:
Charlie gets changed every 2-3 hours at nursery (which is a bit excessive imo but it's policy) and at the weekends I'll change him when he gets up, then after lunch, then after nap and if we're out thats him until bedtime (unless he's pooed) But if we're at home he gets most of the afternoon nappy free.

Adam is changed four times a day unless he's pooed then it's more. But he does sleep in the same nappy all night as he sleeps through!! I think it's cruel for a LO to be sitting in a wet nappy all day.

I use 4-5 a day (sometimes more) and I wouldn't leave him longer than absolutely necessary. He is a heavy wetter in the day (less so at night now - that's another thing that as children get older they naturally start to urinate less at night so 12 hours at night is fine) so needs to be changed every 4 or so hours or he'll leak (as happened the other day at the seaside. He'd had 3 full juice bottles within about 3 hours so the result was leakage! :dohh:) or the nappy will lose structural integrity and burst (mainly pampers are bad for this).

I don't know how you could leave a child for 12 hours in a nappy. Poor things - for the cost of a nappy, just use a couple more a day. You can get nappies up to size 5 for £2 a pack of 24 in Wilkinsons!! :nope:

Up to 6 hours if no poo (if we are outfor example) He HATES having his bum changed so I don't do it for the sake of it... With my little lady she has 6-8 changes a day!

I know it's personal preference but there is NO WAY I would leave Amy in the same nappy for 12 hrs during the day. She gets quite bad thrush which flares up every couple of weeks anyway so I can only imagine how sore she'd be if I just left her in soaking wet nappies.

Normally I change Amy as soon as we get up, so 7am, after lunch 12noon, 4pm and before bed 8pm, but it depends on how wet she is - obviously if she's really wet between those times I'll change her.

Oh yeah that's right Aimee Lou - nappies do burst! I honestly didn't believe people about that for ages, and the other day one burst! Not good. It was a Nature's babycare one. The little absorbent ball thingies were, um, everywhere. :(

i would never have left my dd in a nappy for 12 hours during the day. that's cruel. i wouldn't wanna sit in my own wee for that long! i changed her every 3 -4 hours or more if necessary.

im glad its not just me that changes nappys 4-5 times aday i started to think maybe i was being obsesive i knew 1 nappy was wrong lol but i thought maybe i was changing 2 much i feel happy now.

i wouldnt wanna sit in my own wee so i wouldnt want my lo 2 either.
i didnt think of the bursting and the wetting clothes though she must wet through after 12 hours though. my little girl has wet through a few times and i change her nappys 4-5 times aday. she must wee alot hehe.

its great because zane tells me when he need s a bum change so obviously hes uncomfortable. including poos he normaly has 6 changes a day and i really dont mind how much i spend on nappies because i want him to be comfortable.

its like us sitting with the same period pad on for 12 hours...i cant imagine that being nice

I saw on the Pampers advert that they say 12 hours but I'm sure that is just overnight! Both of mine have been in cloth so I change Toby every 2-3 hours (Joseph doesn't wear nappies in the day unless we are out) but 12 hours seems such a long time to stay in a nappy full of wee :(

I think the 12 hour thing is supposed to indicate that the nappies cope well at night, not that you should leave them in 1 all day! We change LO at least 4 times a day, and usually 5 as he likes to poo in a brand new nappy! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->