naps and timing

ButterCup17

Reaction score
My ds is a great sleeper and napper but I'm having trouble with the timing. He sleeps 7:30pm-8am (he still wakes up once or twice a night but that's fine). He's up for two hrs then naps for two hrs (10-12) then up for two and naps for two (2-4). This is his schedule, not mine. Although I must say it's nice that he is so consistent ;) anyway, Idk what to do from 4-7:30 at bedtime. He struggles to stay awake for that long of a stretch but like I said his naps are always tow hrs so I can't really let him take another one at 6. Sometimes I do but then wake him up after a half hour but then he's really cranky. Sooo do I do the short nap and let him be cranky for being woken up or do I keep him awake and be cranky bc he's tired? Haha. Have any if you had this issue? What r some of your sleep schedules that could maybe help me? TIA!

My son's the same always tired before bedtime but can't nap with it bein so close to bed time some days be ends up goin to bed at 6pm which is fine but means an early rise time of sometimes just gone 5 he was sleeping thru 6.30pm - 6.30am but he was ill and now has thrown that Routine out tbe window
Sorry no real advice but maybe ring his bedtime forward ever so slightly til 7? X if thats bot an option id just either try put him down for an early short cat nap a bit earlier or leave him awake x if hes doin ok with it x

Keep him awake, you can always send him to bed earlier! We started taking our eldest to bed at 8pm when she was about 6 months old but after a while when she reached 9 months she started walking and was always into everything and on her feet so she was getting tired quicker... Started taking her to bed at 7pm, and then 6pm and for a VERY good while (almost a year) she was going to bed at 5pm!!! Cant remember the last time emily had a nap now so she was going to bed between 5-6pm and sleeping till 8-9am the next morning... Doesnt matter what time she goes to bed now, shes always going to get up between 5-6am! xx

Sounds similar to my LO's schedule (except mine is up more at night!). I would agree with PPs - put him to bed a little earlier. I have on occasion allowed an evening nap if he wakes from his afternoon nap before 4:30, but he is ALWAYS tired and cranky when he wakes up from it and he really seems to do much better when he goes to bed at 6-6:30 instead.

With DS1 we had to change his bedtime sometimes because his schedule was ever-changing as he grew and he had different needs as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->