Nasty Poos and cloth....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
So Hebe is going through a very nasty stage with her poo. I dont think it helps that it's a trigger for my morning sickness....:sick:

I wanted to try my cloth nappies on her and this morning my purple Itti arrived from Jac :hugs: but I refuse to put it on her!!! Surely it will ruin it!! Her poos are loose - not like a grown up poo where you could lift it out in one (sorry TMI) they are squidgy and disgusting and........effin nora she's just done her 4th of the bloody day....

How the hell will I make cloth work for us longer term with this next baby....I just see a living hell besmeared in shit......:cry:

:rofl: I just scrape off the excess with loo roll and put it down the toilet. I really dont make that much effort to get the poo off and I dont have many problems with stains. Ive had one or two stains that have either gone in the next wash or Ive dried them out in the sun.

And there is no way on God's earth that it will be even equal to using sposies in respect to the environment because of all the detergents and electricity I will be using to wash the 25 nappies per day that I can envisage me going through! I'm unable to convince my hubby that cloth is more environmentally friendly as it is but when the shit hits the cloth, so to speak I think he's going to be even less convinced....:sad2:

and will my house smell of turd 24/7 ???? :(

and will my lovely new Bosch washing machine that I forked out an extra 200 squid on just for the cloth nappies, have loads forrest gump in the filters???? :cry: :cry:

Not sure about the washing machine issue, I rent so its not my problem :lol:

I can never smell poo in my house. I put the bucket in the utility room. I cant smell it in there when the lid is on. I put a bit of tea tree oil on a tea towel and bung it on top of the nappies before putting the lid on.

I can smell shit EVERYWHERE......I should put her nappies in the wheelie bin but I'd be in and out and up and down stairs all effin day at this rate....:(

my house smells like wee all the time, i cant wash them everyday so they pile up in the bucket, and they start to stink! im gna try the tea tree oil on a towel idea, sounds like a plan

x

OMG lisa:rofl: the heightend sense of smell has really gotten to you hasnt it lol.

cant you mix the disposables and cloth ones, what about disposable liners will that help, rhys always does sloppy ones.

i used cloth on rosie well terry nappies and i've only ever used throw away liners.

you dont want poop getting trapped in the rubber on your new washing machine :sick:

I have to say I'm not particularly fond of cleaning poop out Deri's nappies but either try doing what Sam does or try some liners and see how it goes!

Hope after the first tri the MS lightens up a bit :hugs:

i have to say aswell, even with liners the poo seems to go everywhere!!! is there some kind of knack to doing it and getting them to actually work lol

x

I'm being a drama queen arent I....sorry it just pens so bad in this house. Just emptied the bin again. Cant bear it. I hope she does one when we go out for lunch next week Helen then you might believe me.....

Get a diaper sprayer :D

You just spray it all down the toilet and flush...no more poo smell...then I put it in a diaper pail with lid...so the only time I might have to smell anything is when I open it to throw something in or throw it into the wash.

Are diaper sprayers expensive? Is it like a bottle with a spray bit or am I totally off key? :shrug:

x

i use my shower :thumbup: gets 99% of poo off i've had no stains yet :D

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

diaper spray is something you attach to the toilet and its like a shower head.

I havent seen one for sale over here

I thought I'd seen a picture on the net of one like that....would be much better than using the shower...I HATE having poo in my bath, then you have to clean the bath out after, just cos LO pooped!

Sara - doesn't it bother you having to shower poop out?

x

Our toilet is right next to the sink... do you think it would work to get one of those cheapie shower head things that fix onto taps and use that from the sink into the toilet?

I thought I'd seen a picture on the net of one like that....would be much better than using the shower...I HATE having poo in my bath, then you have to clean the bath out after, just cos LO pooped!

Sara - doesn't it bother you having to shower poop out?

x

i couldnt stand having poo in my bath :sick:
i flush the nappy after getting the worst of it with loo roll then i use the shower to get rig of any lil bits that r left, we have a shower in our en suite and a sink right next to it so thats been designated the poo sink!! although i do bleach it every time i do it still (i know not very natural but i'm a clean freak!!):blush:

Our toilet is right next to the sink... do you think it would work to get one of those cheapie shower head things that fix onto taps and use that from the sink into the toilet?

tried that hun n it doesnt work..the pressure you need to get the poo off makes the attachment come off instead!! if you bougt the taps with the shower already attached then i dont see why that wouldnt work tho...we're looking into that as i want a new bathroom suite and i'd prefer those taps for rinsing my hair etc and would be fab for rinsing opp into the toilet ( my loo is right next to the bath :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Worth a try hun! I never thought to do that, my shower is next to the toilet BUT my damn shower screen is in the way :-(

Oh well! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->