Nativity Play

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
This will be Ella and Hannahs first nativity (Ellas nursery did a Carol concert last year as there weren't enough girls in the afternoon session to fill all the roles!)

I cannot wait, absolutely love a littl'uns nativity play. They are so cute! Hannah is a star, and Ella is the inkeepers wife. She has lines to say which will be interesting lol. Her best friend is the inkeeper (she is thrilled that she gets to be his wife haha!) so I think she will smash her role.
Paiges school is doing a Christmas show too, I have no idea what they are doing but it's usually mainly singing so that will be fun too.

What are your little ones doing for their Christmas show?

I have no idea what the theme or story of the nativity is, but Ava's going to be a soldier - unsure if it's a toy soldier, nut cracker or what. She has a couple of lines to say too. Year 2 are narrating the play while Year 1 are acting (having 3 separate plays so one class from each year are working together).

I know her choir club is going to a couple of nursing homes to sing carols to them at some point.

Aww cute! I hope they have a great time :cloud9:

Holly's class are going to be singing a Christmas alphabet song in the Christmas play. It's next week sometime but we've not been told the exact date yet.

Sounds lovely and so nice to hear schools are still doing nativity plays

Elliot is doing a carol concert thing on the 19th December I am really looking forward to it.

DD1 is a shepherd in her first nativity. She wasn't happy at first as wanted to be an Angel. At nursery they just dressed up and did some singing.

DD2 is at DD1s old nursery and they are doing something but the manager said this group of children aren't really into singing so she's not sure yet what they will do. She said they all love superheros so is having a think ha ha

DD's year are doing a nativity this year and she's an angel. She's only got one line to say 😀

This is harveys second nativity. His nursery one he was an innkeeper, this year he is a cow, a dancing cow lol!!

My oldest morgan isnt doing a traditional nativity (he is in year three) they are doing babushka? Babuska? Not sure how its spelled he is a narrator he didnt want that part they had to audition he wanted to be a russian dancer lol!!

They will also do a 'carols round the tree' where you can watch them sing and they have refreshments.

Ollie's nursery are doing a nativity play with songs in it (some of which I know coz he sings them at home all the time haha)

Ollie is playing a Shepherd and is "being waked by a angel and I have to be surprised" hahaha. It's on the 15th and I can't wait!

I love the nativitys, my eyes get something in them everytime.
Not sure what dd is doing in nursery, but it involves a song about ceaser asking them to count all the people and them not understanding.
Ds is doing something, he is a narrator. His has a song about an ewe.
They also do a outdoor carol concert, which i love. Its always cold and they sell hot chocolate and mince pies. Not sure if dd in nursery will be part of it.
Ds will be great in both, but i am quite unsure about how dd will cope since she isnt a people person.

Aw these all sound so adorbs!! My ds's is on the 15th too, can't wait. Last year he was a wise man and I was sitting in the audience (bit grand, we were just sitting on tables at the back of the classroom haha) and I wasn't expecting to get emotional really but then the second he walked out in his little costume I did a massive loud sob and covered my mouth :cloud9:

DD1 done a navity last year . They didn’t have any lines it was more singing and music based and she was a Angel in sparkly pink dress which she loved . I welled up like a fool lol

They are also doing a navity this year with lines and DD has been given the role of Mary ! I am so excited ! Can’t wait to see it

I think they all look sooo cute and tiny !!

DD1 done a navity last year . They didn’t have any lines it was more singing and music based and she was a Angel in sparkly pink dress which she loved . I welled up like a fool lol

They are also doing a navity this year with lines and DD has been given the role of Mary ! I am so excited ! Can’t wait to see it

I think they all look sooo cute and tiny !!

I don't think there are many lines in my dds either, but her teacher said that's there was no question that she would be inkeepers wife as she is so confident and loves the stage, so I think the inkeeper and his wife might be the only speaking parts. I think it will be my dd3 as a star that makes me well up. She is just so tiny compared to the rest of them, but she will be a super duper star! lol x

I have no idea what ds is doing, he's in nursery and I can't get a thing out of him!
DD is in year 1 and she's a narrator. When they first started practising she told me the show was about aliens and I was disappointed as I love a nativity play. But since they've started practising she's brought her lines home to practice and it's about Mary and Joseph. It's called christmas with the Alien's so that should be interesting lol.

My DD is in yr 1, and she came home very excited about her role... She's a flame in the fire:haha::haha: apparently they have to sing and dance, and she has lines too. I'm so proud of the costume I've made her!!!

I love the girls nativities! This will be my first year with two of them in it. My eldest is the donkey for Mary and Joseph and my youngest is a Shepard. Dreading sorting the costume though!

My DD is in yr 1, and she came home very excited about her role... She's a flame in the fire:haha::haha: apparently they have to sing and dance, and she has lines too. I'm so proud of the costume I've made her!!!

My eldest was a flame in reception :haha:

DS1 is in the choir in his 'the night before christmas' school play and DS2 in a king in his nursery nativity 😍🎅

My eldest was a flame in reception :haha:

When i was in reception i was a candle. I remember wearing this emerald green shiny and velour dress and had a flame headband hahaha! Good old 90's

My youngest is being an Elf. He's been saying for weeks that he is being an elf, but the preschool have done the exact same show every year since 2009 and there's never been an elf before. But we got the letter today and he is being an elf!
My older ones are now too old for a nativity. The middle two aren't doing anything as the key stage 2 kids do their show in the summer. My eldest is in a winter concert at his school.

DS1 is playing lead angel 2. Being a church school they put on a great nativity involving the whole school (school only has 60 kids across 7 year groups). Him and his friend who is lead angel 1 are the only kids from the Yr1/reception class to have a speaking part. Can’t wait to see it, last year it was in a barn and mary rode a real donkey!

DS2 is Joseph in his nursery nativity. None of the children have to speak! only sing songs and walk and sit in the right places as an adult narrates the whole thing. Luckily DS1 was Joseph for them 2 years ago so I still had the costume I made in the cupboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->