Natural Birth for 1st Timer - plausible?

I'm feeling just the same as you. I'm just over two weeks from my due date and hoping for a water birth at home. I'm scared I may need transferring and if that happens my local hospital doesn't have a pool. The water is supposed to be such an effective form of pain relief too.

I'm trying to practice my natal hypnotherapy (although not as much as I think I should be lol) so hope I can have my home birth :)

Try not to worry, my best advice is to keep really active in Labour and use gravity to your advantage x

Be sure you AND your support system are well versed in what you want and WHY. Have it written out, talk to your midwife/OBGYN about it ahead of time, tell the nurses. I wish I had taken this advice my first time around. Take natural birthing classes, I didn't because I thought a class about childbirth was silly (surely my body knows what to do) but I wish I had because I didn't get the birth experience I wanted and it was my own fault for lack of preparation. Just reading isn't enough, believe me. And getting the birth experience you want is worth it, I still regret my first birth experience. If it doesn't go the way you planned, of course don't beat yourself up over it, but it almost sounds like you're giving up on it before you start. You don't have to wait for your second time to get what you want!

I had an amazing home birth experience for my first (and so far only!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->