• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Natural miscarriage: when will hpt be negative?

MoBaby

Mommy to a precious son
Reaction score
Hi ladies. Sadly 2 weeks ago I suffered my fourth loss. I've had 2 chemicals as well and one healthy pregnancy. I've had 2 d/cs prior and my mc In January had very low betas and that pregnancy ended when I started bleeding heavy although dr thought it would be ok.

I did a Fet may 22 and had a positive test may 25. At 15dpo my beta hcg was 609 and 17 dpo it was over 2100. Everything was perfect- the embryo, my uterus and all the blood levels. But at almost 6 weeks I had sudden pain, a gush, a huge clot, then the gestational sac came out. I had an ultrasound earlier that day that showed one baby, growing perfectly, in the right spot. The next day ultrasound confirmed I miscarried and my hcg had already gone to 8150 +. I imagine it was over 12,000 the day the mc started. 8 days later the hcg was 184. Today is 5 days after the 184 and I still have a stron positive hpt. I thought I was ovulating so I took an opk and it was positive so I took the hpt and it was too so the opk isn't accurate.
I stopped bleeding for 5 days then bleed for 9 days straight, 6 heavy. Today I'm spotting.
How long does it take to drop to zero? And when will ovulation happen? I'm ready to move on and decide how to proceed in the future.

so so sorry for your loss :(

i had a blighted ovum mmc in january - i went for my first ultrasound at 8 weeks only to be told there was only a yolk sac. i miscarried 5 days later, naturally at home. my hpt stayed positive for about 3 weeks - and when it went negative, i got my first AF. i had a very short cycle the cycle after my mc, and i didn't ovulate the first cycle.

every body is different, and your experience might be totally different, but just wanted to pop in and say how sorry i am.

With my two natural miscarriages the HPT took around 2.5 weeks to go negative, with my stillbirth I didn't start POAS til later, it was negative by 13 days post delivery.

Sorry for your loss and this is all shit.

Thank you for your reply. This is all shit. I'm sorry about your losses :(

This am still positive. So I guess I'll check next weekend when I'm back from vacation. I just don't know when to expect next af.

So sorry to hear about your loss :hugs2: but I'm wondering the same thing.

I've had two previous losses and then found out a couple weeks ago that I was in for my third. I had to have D&Cs for my first two, one for retained tissue after natural mc and the second because it was a mmc and my body wasn't recognizing the loss. I never had my levels tested with my first so I don't know how high they got before I mc but they went to zero after a week however I didn't have my first period until 6 weeks after the bleeding started. With my mmc my hormones got up to 55,000 before u/s recognized the loss and they came down very slowly. At 4 weeks post D&C my levels were still high enough to get a positive on an hpt. I started my period when my levels were down to 41.

Everyone and every pregnancy loss is different. With my third loss my levels got up to 41,000 last Thursday and I mc naturally on Sunday. I went to the loo, felt a gush, saw red blood and clots in the toilet (didn't see the sac though but the baby only measured 6 weeks so I could have missed it) and knew it was over. The bleeding stopped completely by the next day. I have not had my levels taken since but I have been taking hpts and they are very slowly starting to get lighter. I took an opk however and it was still a very dark positive so I have no idea how I will know when I will ovulate if my levels are still high enough to register on an opk.

AF arrived for me about 4 weeks after the MC's began, so I had about 2.5 weeks of bleeding, got a negative HPT about the same time, then AF 1.5 weeks later.

With the first (earliest) loss at 7 weeks, I conceived again the next proper month after first AF. Lost that one too at 9 weeks. After that prevented for a few months, but did monitor and my cycles were a little off, slightly longer.

This time with the stillbith I'm 18 days from delivery now and bleeding slowed to spotting/hardly there. Don't expect to ov this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->