Natural ways to start labour

Googiepie

Reaction score
My doctor suggested looking into natural ways to start labour. She recommended drinking raspberry leaf tea and walking. Any ideas? Anything that worked for you? :)

I tried everything!! The only thing I suspect made a difference (although it might have just been good timing) was reflexology. My daughter was born naturally the next day at 42 weeks exactly.
Here's what I tried...

Raspberry leaf tea
Currys
Sex
Orgasms
Breast pump
Walking
3 membrane sweeps
More walking
Pineapple
Evening primrose oil up there
Riding on a rickety tram
Driving my lawn mower up and down the gravel drive
Sniffing newborns
Inhaling clary sage oil
Warm baths
Using my tens machine

I'm sure there's more but that's it for now ;)

Following this! I would like to know too!

IV been doing evening primrose oil since 35 weeks up there and by mouth. No dilation at all. Pumping and nipple stimulation only makes you leak more. I gave up he will come when he comes I guess

I've never tried anything to get it going myself. I did have sweeps done with both kids, 2 with my first 1 with my second. The second sweep I had done in the afternoon and contractions started after supper and with my second labour started 2 days later.

An ex gf of mine who had her baby in Nov had her water break while christmas shopping, she'd been walking all day and by 830 that night when she was finishing at toys r us her water broke

Hope something works for ya :)

Walking ALOT worked for me. Zoo day before I had my second and when I got to the hospital there was a whole lot of stairs I walked included with squatting....I had her the next day after 3-4 hours of labor

My daughter came a week late, so I don't have much advice. The week or two leading up to her arrival, I did:

Primrose oil up there (ick) and orally
Sex
Walking up and down stairs
Nipple stimulation
Lots of walking
Spicy food

The day I went into labor, we had the non-stress test, still no progress. That day, we walked and walked and walked... running errands, etc. I lifted my 3 year old nephew and carried him a bit. Ate ice cream. I did hear from a couple other people that they ate ice cream the day they went into labor... dunno, worth a shot? At least it's tasty! :)

My daughter came a week late, so I don't have much advice. The week or two leading up to her arrival, I did:

Primrose oil up there (ick) and orally
Sex
Walking up and down stairs
Nipple stimulation
Lots of walking
Spicy food

The day I went into labor, we had the non-stress test, still no progress. That day, we walked and walked and walked... running errands, etc. I lifted my 3 year old nephew and carried him a bit. Ate ice cream. I did hear from a couple other people that they ate ice cream the day they went into labor... dunno, worth a shot? At least it's tasty! :)

Omg you have no idea how much this added to my preexisting ice-cream craving!

I tried everything!! The only thing I suspect made a difference (although it might have just been good timing) was reflexology. My daughter was born naturally the next day at 42 weeks exactly.
Here's what I tried...

Raspberry leaf tea
Currys
Sex
Orgasms
Breast pump
Walking
3 membrane sweeps
More walking
Pineapple
Evening primrose oil up there
Riding on a rickety tram
Driving my lawn mower up and down the gravel drive
Sniffing newborns
Inhaling clary sage oil
Warm baths
Using my tens machine

I'm sure there's more but that's it for now ;)

Wow Munchkin, you really did try it all!
I'm 37 weeks on Monday and will be induced at 38 so will be trying these methods next week! Have started drinking the RLT and using EPO. Not sure how keen my hubby will be on DTD though hahahha I'm rather big and awkward!
My sister in law used a bath bomb from lush (called sex bomb) which has clary sage in it and she went into labour that night so might give it a go!
Good luck everyone x

I think I'll try the rasberry leaf tea and see how it goes. My go for a stroll around the mall and let my little one run around. That's usually a good workout for me lol

I've reflexology is really effective. Can't hurt!

Walking worked for me. The week before my due date my baby was still high up and I had hardly dilated. On the Friday of that week, I walked into town and started feeling pressure while I was walking. When I came home and used the toilet - I saw my mucus plug/bloody show. My baby came 11 hours after that!

My midwife friend suggested a lot of sex, a lot of walking, and walking up the stairs sideway apparently.

My actual midwife said sex was pretty much the best thing she would recommend along with pineapple, RLT, lots of walking, bouncing on the birthing ball and more sex. She said the trick is to make sure you orgasm.

After the other day and thinking my waters had gone during intercourse, I can safely say it's the last thing I want to do now. 😂

Xxx

For the ladies that tried rasberry leaf tea, how much of it did you drink? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back