Nausea and awful taste in mouth

MrsJones1986

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I posted a couple of weeks ago about a constant awful taste I had in my mouth and related nausea. Well 9 weeks in and it's still constant. There is zero let up. I feel ill all day long and the taste is horrendous. The only time it subsides is when I am physically eating but as soon as I finish it is back just as bad. I'm starting to think it might be linked to acid reflux perhaps and I am thinking of trying Gaviscon. I have read it's safe in pregnancy but does that include the first 12 weeks? Any other suggestions are most welcome :(

Actually there's a name for it, it's called dysgeusia, being that a decent number of women get it, I would imagine it's not necessarily related to reflux, I had it in my last pregnancy and yes it is constant! It will probably go away with your 2nd trimester!

I have this too. Horrendous, i wish i could just be sick and the taste/feeling would go away but it doesn't. Seems to be a lot worse after eating carbs or sugar.

I asked my doctor whether it was due to reflux and she said that it's due to the change in hormones, but she didn't give much more information besides that....I would describe mine as a bitter taste that really only goes away if I'm eating something sour or bland.

Hi,

I can understand what you're going through. I experienced bitter taste during the first couple of weeks of my pregnancy and it was awful. I couldn't eat anything. Then my grandma told me to make lemon juice and add some organic sugar or honey and drink that. It helped quite a bit. I also ate a lot of citrus foods (oranges mostly). You can also drink a lot of orange juice.

I've got this too, it's terrible! Never heard about drinking lemon and honey for it, but its worth a shot!

Hi, I remember that thread, I was suffering from the awful taste as well but luckily it only lasted a wk and i think was due to a cold. A dr thought it was reflux and recommended Gaviscon, he said it is perfectly safe to use. He thought what I had was reflux as i was waking up with a sore throat and the really bad taste and it eased off by the end of the day. You could try Gaviscon, it can't hurt. I truly sympathise, when I had that it was AWFUL. And that on top of the nausea, I really feel for you :-(

13 weeks in and i've still got this. Sat at work now and i just want to throw up, the taste is revolting :sick:

I have this too I've had it for a good 2 weeks maybe more seems to be worse after milky stuff like ice cream and cereal ect I wish it would go away I'm literally scared to swallow my own saliva only times I've been sick I've acc had to make myself sick but haven't been sick by myself xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->