Nausea - I just don't know how much more I can take :-(

beebee17

Reaction score
I just don't know how much more of this I can take! I am nauseous 24/7. I just can't face doing anything and I'm really struggling at work. I have tried everything. I have had it from 6+6 and I'm now 11+2. I am managing to eat abit but just feel even worse after. Sick if I don't eat and sick if I do!

When will this go away? I am exhausted because the nausea is keeping me awake at night. I can't sleep during the day because I work full time then have to look after my 3 year old in the evening. My DH is doing all he can but he works shifts.

I just want to cry! I know I shouldn't complain because I am very lucky to be pregnant but the sickness is killing me!

This is my 2nd pregnancy and I didn't have this with my 1st.

Awww hun I'mso sorry. I know how you feel. I dealt with it for three weeks before I got some relief (from the antinausea pills) and sometimes even those don't work. Today and yesterday have been awful with nausea, even with the pills...and I hate eating all day but that keeps the nausea away for the most part, but then I get so full and don't have room for an actual meal and nothing actually sounds good. It is draining, for sure. I wish I had some advice for you. A warm bath always makes me feel better, even temporarily. I hope you get some relief soon hun!

Oh do I feel your pain! I am so bloated with diarrhea and lots of nausea! I'm 9w4d and was hoping this would start to get better. I've learned that sucking on hard candy helps, and if you can get yourself to burp, even better. I'm stuck at work right now too, trying to close my eyes here and there to get some relief. Wish I could be of help, but I know right now there's an extreme feeling of helplessness. Hang in there. Talk to your baby, that's what I do when I feel like I'm losing at keeping my body in one piece.

Thanks babe. I am sorry to hear you are sick too. Hopefully it will pass when we get to 2nd tri, just 3 weeks to go! I am feeling sorry for myself perhaps I'll feel better if I manage to get a good nite sleep! My doctor wouldn't give me pills so wouldn't bother even asking. I have my first scan on friday maybe I'll feel better after that! When is your scan?

Oh do I feel your pain! I am so bloated with diarrhea and lots of nausea! I'm 9w4d and was hoping this would start to get better. I've learned that sucking on hard candy helps, and if you can get yourself to burp, even better. I'm stuck at work right now too, trying to close my eyes here and there to get some relief. Wish I could be of help, but I know right now there's an extreme feeling of helplessness. Hang in there. Talk to your baby, that's what I do when I feel like I'm losing at keeping my body in one piece.

Ahh thanks babe, sorry you are feeling the same way! I hope you make it through your shift!

Thanks babe. I am sorry to hear you are sick too. Hopefully it will pass when we get to 2nd tri, just 3 weeks to go! I am feeling sorry for myself perhaps I'll feel better if I manage to get a good nite sleep! My doctor wouldn't give me pills so wouldn't bother even asking. I have my first scan on friday maybe I'll feel better after that! When is your scan?

I've had so many already because I've had bleeding issues! I had one yesterday and all was well...so my next one hopefully (because it will mean no bleeding) will be february 24th and I'll be almost 15 weeks then. Can't wait to see baby looking like a real baby!

I just don't know how much more of this I can take! I am nauseous 24/7. I just can't face doing anything and I'm really struggling at work. I have tried everything. I have had it from 6+6 and I'm now 11+2. I am managing to eat abit but just feel even worse after. Sick if I don't eat and sick if I do!

When will this go away? I am exhausted because the nausea is keeping me awake at night. I can't sleep during the day because I work full time then have to look after my 3 year old in the evening. My DH is doing all he can but he works shifts.

I just want to cry! I know I shouldn't complain because I am very lucky to be pregnant but the sickness is killing me!

This is my 2nd pregnancy and I didn't have this with my 1st.

Have you tried Sea Bands? They are working for me. they don't take it away completely, but it is much, much less. Also, cold grapes seem to help. good luck to you!

Oh! I keep meaning to try cold grapes...but they're so darn expensive here this time of year! Its ridiculous! I keep picking them up and thinking, I really want these...and then I see its $5.00 for a lb and I can't justify it

Oh! I keep meaning to try cold grapes...but they're so darn expensive here this time of year! Its ridiculous! I keep picking them up and thinking, I really want these...and then I see its $5.00 for a lb and I can't justify it

I know they are expensive, but they work like a charm! Does freezing grapes help them keep longer? That may make it more worth it. :)

I dealt with it for three weeks before I got some relief (from the antinausea pills) and sometimes even those don't work. Today and yesterday have been awful with nausea, even with the pills...and I hate eating all day but that keeps the nausea away for the most part, but then I get so full and don't have room for an actual meal and nothing actually sounds good.

ugh, this is me too. i was able to get some zofran from my dr a few wks ago.. .which was awesome at first, totally took away all nausea and illness. but in the last week or so it is creeping back even with the meds. no vomiting as long as i take them, but some days the nausea is still pretty bad.

eating/drinking cold things seems to help me. cold water, cold fruit (grapes, watermelon, cantelope), cold 7-up. :( sorry hun, i hope it eases up for you soon. why wouldn't your dr give you meds?

I understand your need to vent! It's hard to be a smiley chatty person when you feel green and yucky! I have been cooped in my house like a hermit because the smell of everything, even AIR makes me sick lol!! I have found sweet and sour candy helps a bit as well as watermelon..hope you feel better soon! Almost in the clear :) :) :)

my midwife prescribed me b6 and unisom. she said be careful with unisom it makes you sleepy so she said take 25 mg of b6 and 1/2 tab of unisom during the day and 25 mg of b6 and 1 whole tablet at night.

I dealt with it for three weeks before I got some relief (from the antinausea pills) and sometimes even those don't work. Today and yesterday have been awful with nausea, even with the pills...and I hate eating all day but that keeps the nausea away for the most part, but then I get so full and don't have room for an actual meal and nothing actually sounds good.

ugh, this is me too. i was able to get some zofran from my dr a few wks ago.. .which was awesome at first, totally took away all nausea and illness. but in the last week or so it is creeping back even with the meds. no vomiting as long as i take them, but some days the nausea is still pretty bad.

eating/drinking cold things seems to help me. cold water, cold fruit (grapes, watermelon, cantelope), cold 7-up. :( sorry hun, i hope it eases up for you soon. why wouldn't your dr give you meds?

I live in Ireland and during pregnancy you get nothing. At a push you can take paracetamol if you are in real pain after 12 weeks. In the UK/Ireland back the 1960s doctors prescribed a ms drug to pregnant women which resulted in all the babies being born with severe disabilites so they are probably very cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"