Nausea Remedies?

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hi!

What are you using for nausea? I got it bad for the last 2 days and think it will be a long journey ahead. Any advice would be welcome :)

The last two pregnancy I had to go on zofran. This time, crackers. It doesn't add too much calories and it helps my mouth not taste like metal. I have to have it in my mouth constantly or I will be nauseous. I noticed I feel more nauseous when I'm hungry, so try to have frequent small meals.. I munch on watermelon and other fruits throughout the day.

Zophran has been a life saver for me. It's a prescription nausea pill, I take half a dose per day and it take away the constant hangover feeling. The trick is to stop puking long enough to take it. Lol.

I've had others suggest crackers, lemons, peppermints, and ginger. But honestly sometimes home remedies just don't work.

I am trying the frequent meals one today and seems to help. I also made a pot of veggie soup and will try that. I try to avoid medication in 1st tri so will try to hold off those for as long as I can. Thanks ladies. I might try the crackers though.

Some people have good relief with the sickness bands unfortunately although they worked for me and travel sickness as a kid they've done nothing for my sickness either time, but they are cheap so worth a shot! As far as food, try to line your stomach before you get up in the morning, either dry biscuits or crackers and definately before you drink. I find I have to have a full stomach to drink anything, liquid on an empty tummy is never good. Then just avoid getting hungry, as soon as I start to get hungry I eat something like the crackers or I've found cereal bars good, or toast. It's then a case of finding what agrees with you and doesn't, I feel like all I've eaten for weeks is plain and stodgy foods and I'm sick of it but it's passing now thankfully! Hoping you don't get it too bad.

Im trying to work it out too at the mn. I read 10mg of b6 is safe and b6 has been known to reduce morning sickness.

im finding eating alot more often helps but im feeling off food today. Everything tastes too sickly. X

I found the cure................................

McDonald's!!!!! Wahahahaha I NEVER eat it, but craved and I feel bad for admitting it, but does taste good when pregnant. Lol

Note to self - don't make this a habit....

My sis said macdonalds milkshake helped her lol

its making me feel soooo down tho im forgetting im pregnant x

I'm so happy I found this thread because I get nausea when I'm hungry as well but when I go to eat something I can only take one small bite without feeling sick and then it's back to the nausea feeling

I took Promethazine (phenergan) the last two months of my first tri and it really worked great for me. If you don't want to take medication, try a sip or two of pickle juice when it is bad, I don't know why but it really helped me before I started taking medication. It's very important to eat small meals or snacks frequently throughout the day. My nausea was at it's worst when I was hungry or went too long without eating. Good luck hun, I hope it gets better for you quickly. I started feeling better around 12-14 weeks.

I've been having bad nausea too. I'm out of crackers, and sweets make it worse so I am limiting the peppermints. Tried a shake from Sonic and can only handle a few sips until I feel worse. I've tried all the home remedies and not a single one is working this time around. I'm calling the doctor tomorrow. I have a 10 month old and a 5 yr old. I can't do anything if I feel like I have to stay in the bathroom all day.

It makes it hard to enjoy the pregnancy. I wake up every day feeling flat.

Coke is too sweet. Water is no longer refreshing. Cups of tea are not nice. I drank peppermint tea last night that eased it off.

eating little and often deffo helps. Im six weeks now and its slowly creeping up. I get really panicked about being sick aswel.

i was hoping to be a lucky one who loved being pregnant. Ob not x

I can only drink Volvic strawberry water, fizzy water and lemonade at the moment. Salt and vinegar crisps are slightly helping, but going to try a few of these suggestions, thanks!

Now I am feeling so sick and crave cheese and tomato toasties, but that means I need to drive to the shop and I have no energy to do that :(

I have just got ready then come back to bed. Felt far too sick to go into town shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->