Navigator or Dot (Phil and Teds)

Swanny

Reaction score
Hi,

Just popping over from 2nd Tri cause I thought there might be more of you ladies in here purchasing puchchairs :)

After weeks and weeks of going back and forth looking for a double pushchair we finally had it narrowed down to:

Oyster Max (Decided it was too bulky when used as a single)
I Candy Peach Blossom (Price is ridiculous and top seat unit is small, so wouldn't get much use out of it)
Phil and Teds Dot or Navigator (I have issues with it but seems to be the best option for us, would get longer use out of it, compact etc)

But apart from wheels being smaller on Dot what is the difference?

Is anyone else getting any of these?

Thanks,

x

Hi there,
We've just bought a navigator after wondering which to go for between the 2.
The dot is just narrower and not much lighter as far as I understand. And a bit cheaper too! But the seats are exactly the same size though I thought my dd looked a bit more squashed in the dot.
We went for the navigator as it was sturdier and more suitable as a pram that we would end up using for a couple of years as a single and a double.
So far we have used it a few times as a single with dd and she likes it. Will be a few more weeks til I can say what it's like as a double!
I googled a few reviews which were useful to read. Hope this helps 😊

Do you know if the seat is any further forward on the navigator, you know when you have the toddler seat on top and the main seat reclined back for the baby? I have only seen this on the Dot and it looks as though the todders feet would be kicking the baby underneath?

Where did you purchase from? The prices seem to be coming up quite similar most shops/sites.

x

We bought the navigator but its still in the box as this is baby no1 and my mother is ridiculously superstitious. We decided on the navigator as we live close to a nature reserve and thought that it was more suitable (bigger wheels etc). We also liked the idea that if we decided to have baby no2 sooner rather than later (DH idea, I'll see how this one goes first) we could just convert to a double if needed.

I looked at these too, but eventually settled on a Jane Twone and I love it! It's by far the lightest double I've ever pushed and the top seat unit is so spacious for my toddler, she loves it :)

I honestly wouldnt ever use a P + T's again. Nice on paper but in reality it was hopeless, heavy, and a big waste of money :( I sold it very quickly.
I'm sorry that probably doesnt help much but I do see others making the same mistake. I wish i had just bought my City Mini side by side jogger in the first place. It cant go to single but it was still worth the price.

A side by side wouldn't be a good choice for us cause my son who will be 2.5years when baby is born is already very keen on walking so I'd be pushing a double with only 1 child in it after a few months lol. That's why I'm going tandem so I can convert to single and all of the other tandems only go up to 15kg in from seat (average 3 years) so that's why I'm going Phil and Teds cause they can go in it up to 5 years.

I do have issues with it, flimsy hood, small space for 2nd child, no parent facing etc etc but after extensive research it's the best option for us.

x

I bought a navigator about 3 months ago - so far I have only been using it as a single, but I really like it. Don't get me wrong, it does have it's flaws ( like most doubles) - it's heavy to fold and lift, and I can't seem to fold it without the handlebar ending up on the ground, but it's so nice to push and the front seat seems to support Eva well when she's sitting, as well as being at a good angle for a nosey toddler who wants to look around her. I have only tried Eva in the back seat so far, as I'm still waiting for number 2, but seems happy in it, and no problem with the size of it or the amount of legroom. When I was researching them I discounted the dot as I wanted the bigger wheels for a smoother ride on the country roads where i live, but if you are only using it in a town the dot might be fine. I did notice in online reviews people were saying that the seats are actually a bit smaller on the dot, even though they are supposed to be the same size. All in all, I'd recommend it providing you won't have to be lifting it in and out of a car boot every day, as you might find it heavy if you were, but for once or twice a week like I'm doing, it doesn't bother me. Overall, I'm really pleased with it.

We bought ours from winstanley pramworld - navigator + double kit + double raincover for £460. Was the best price I could find it for. May have changed their price since then though.

Where did you purchase from? The prices seem to be coming up quite similar most shops/sites.

x

Hi again Swanny

I bought ours from Winstanleys Pramworld online as they had an offer where you got a free doubles kit and raincover. Saved a lot of money with this offer but I have a funny feeling it was going to end the beginning of June at some point. They do free nxt day delivery too if ordered before 2pm.

I was assured in the shop that there was no chance of the toddler kicking/ touching the baby underneath. Haven't looked at other posts past this but will check again later :flower:

I adore my Dot. If you have a look at the long review on Winstanleys Pramworld page - that was me! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->