Need a diet plan

Kirstin

Reaction score
I used to eat so healthily put after 9 months of eating what I want I've kind of forgotten what I am supposed to eat :dohh: I want to lose 20lbs but that would take me right to the bottom line healthy weight for my height so wont be easy.

How many calories should I eat? I need some quick to cook meals that would be also suitable for OH but cant cut out red meat that much as the mw was worried about my iron levels. Also some ideas for healthy snacks, my OH has just been shopping and bought loads of sweets :wacko:

How much exercise should I do? I have loads of different exercise dvds and wii fit

If you eat 1700 or so and exercise then you should be able to lose 2lbs a week or something :) try and not calorie count though, just eat better. I'm sure you know what's healthy, what's ok in moderation and what you should really avoid.

Have you had your 6 week post natal check? Are you BFing? Both will affect diet and exercise.

I don't calorie count as I exercise most days, but my guess is I eat around 1600 and I've lost 11lbs in 4 weeks now. I haven't been that religious about things either, and having a takeaway once a week or so. As Blah says, it's best not to calorie count, but focus on healthy eating instead. If you are eating the right foods, then calories don't matter as much :)

If you are starting out exercise after a long break, you need to start slowly. Aim for about 20mins of steady exercise. A walk for instance. 3 times a week and build it up from there.

My 6 week check is on Tuesday which is why I've done no exercise yet but I want to get started asap esp with stomach muscles and I'm not bfing anymore.

Ok, I'm sure the post natal check will be fine :)

You must go very gently with your abdominal muscles at first. They can take up to 2 years to heal fully after childbirth, depending on the individual pregnancy.

Are you looking to exercise from home or will you be going to a gym?

Will be exercising from home I cant afford to go to a gym. Nothing was mentioned at the check about exercise :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->